Asus Scar II - GL704GW, i7 8750H, RTX2070, 144hz

Discussion in 'ASUS Gaming Notebook Forum' started by cloudpm, Feb 3, 2019.

1. gieffe22

gieffe22 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    but you resolved your gpu frequencies problems?

2. joejjeman

joejjeman Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Yes for now.. i repasted and now it works..only still have battery drain.. max 1h webbrowsing..

Skickat från min CLT-L29 via Tapatalk

3. gieffe22

Reputations:
    i just think that something is really WRONG with your pc, starting from armoury behavior, till this 1 hour web browsing problem... i think that your rtx 2070 is still active as primary gpu when on battery instead of using optimus...

if you want a good tip, restore the laptop with secret partition from asus (should be present as usual) and try if ALL (frequencies, battery, armoury) work good... if the answer is yes= you made a mess, if the answer is no=you have a hw fault and you HAVE to send on warranty.

Anyway if i was you i will NOT repaste with liquid metal as you did because to do this you have to unscrew the screw with triangle lable that is a warranty mark, so you basically now have just no warranty... bad choiche my friend, you just wronged EVERYTHING in troubleshooting and in operations to do. NEVER go against warranty mark when you have it and laptop doesnt work good. NEVER.

4. joejjeman

Reputations:
    I already have repasted it before.. so i did it again so the problem was already there.. if i dont i have send it on warranty for long time ago:) but the battery drain was there from the beginning.

Im not so stupid as you think ;)

Skickat från min CLT-L29 via Tapatalk

5. AdamPL

AdamPL Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Hi everyone. I want just ask, whether on 704 are the same problems as in 504, I mean fps drops for 50%? How about throttle after repasting? Is it? And is it true that on external monitor there is 10% FPS more, due to direct GPU - monitor connection in opposite to hybrid iGPU and dGPU? Is it possible to switch off the iGPU?
    And how about lower performance due to one channel RAM?

Last edited: Aug 12, 2019
  6. gieffe22

Reputations:
    1=i have no fps drops on my 704, such as don't notice about fps loss on 504 that work on the right way (i spotted some guys with software problems on youtube that have fps loss, and was just a software mess that i suspect they made in some way).
    2=pc works good even without repasting (i didn't on my unit for example, temp's are high but in the working range of intel and nvidia)
    3=is not even 10%, sometimes yes, sometimes could be much lower, 1-2%, but yes there's a bit of improvement cause of direct bus of nvidia in display port
    4=is not possible to switch off IGPU because display laptop is connected to this

7. AdamPL

AdamPL Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Thanks, and how about performance with 16 GB RAM in single channel vs dual channel?

8. joejjeman

Reputations:
    For me 10fps in heaven 4.0.. only thing i benchmarked with single/ dual channel

107 vs 117

9. gieffe22

Reputations:
    of course dual channel is needed... i upgrade on dual channel a couple of weeks ago, i've gained 15 to 50 (50!) fps on some games...

10. gieffe22

Reputations:
    someone can share avolute folder in esupport? please guys. I have it but it is empty