Asus Scar II - GL704GW, i7 8750H, RTX2070, 144hz

Discussion in 'ASUS Gaming Notebook Forum' started by cloudpm, Feb 3, 2019.

1. gieffe22

gieffe22 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    yeah guy's ips bleeding/glow it's pretty standard this days... i had on my previous gl703vm (i changed 4 unit's last year thanks to my seller, and all of them had ips glow/bleed), and i had the same glow/bleed on my new 704gw, but here for my luck it's very little compared to 703.

[​IMG]

2. Oddyman

Oddyman Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Going to keep the laptop, and ignore the glow!
    Yesterday i switched 1tb SSHD for 1tb SSD and its NOICE!
    Next upgrade will be probably grizzly kryonaut, when i get the curage and will to do it :D
    Btw did anyone tested Far Cry 5 benchmark on ultra setings and what was the result?
    I get fps, max 115, min 85, avg 98.

Last edited: Mar 28, 2019
  3. gieffe22

Reputations:
    i onyl played till now metro exodus, 1080p ultra+rtx ultra (dlss off) at about 40 to 60 fps (locked to 60) with 50 average; dirt rally 2.0 1080p high/ultra+8xmsaa+taa, locked to 60fps (gpu usage 50% to 85% depends on stage complexity), and last f1 2018 1080p ultra+taa locked to 60 of course with 50 to 70% gpu usage.

With single channel ram it's pretty useless unlock 60fps cap because the single module will bottleneck my sistem. next month probably i will buy the second module. I even buyed a mini displayport to hdmi 4k adapter, will arrive tomorrow here, and i will test because on theory using display port the rtx card will be connected straight to monitor instead of using the intel card to draw on the laptop or standard hdmi connected screens. I'm curious if the thing will be confirmed, if fps will increase cause of a lower latency and greater bandwidth. Of course single channel limitations will remain but... will see

4. Oddyman

Oddyman Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Im really interested to see the FPS on external display, hope you post results soon! :)

5. gieffe22

Reputations:
    I tested so far in last couple of days and well... no fps gain at all, but i confirm that DP is directly attached on rtx 2070, that drive the external display (so, this is GREAT if you have a freesync-gsync monitor, i plan to buy one of these on future months, maybe november-december). I'm curious if adapter quality can impact on the fps gain, but i doubt. The only thing remain to test is only if with dual channel ram can be better on DP compared to internal and hdmi, but we will now this when i buy the extra stick of ram in 2-3 month.

So... by the moment no performance gain, you can use greatly the normal hdmi if you have a normal tv or monitor without DP, useless buy an adapter (only 5 euros, but remain useless if you don't use an hdmi VR that for example only work only with nvidia cards).

6. Renato N

Renato N Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Good night friends.
    I'm having a problem.
    After formatting I could not install all the drivers and some programs like ArmouryCrate.
    Windows HOME

my model is: GL504GW-DS74

7. gieffe22

Reputations:
    probably you missed asus keyboard hotkeys and armoury service, there are instructions on asus site

8. spudstone

spudstone Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    ArmouryCrate can be installed through Windows Store. (Search ArmouryCrate Beta).

I had issues installing this from the Asus site.

You may have prerequisites for installing this for all functionality, i.e. you will need Keyboard Hotkeys installed for the Asus ROG button to open Crate, and the profile options keyboard shortcuts etc, maybe LiveService too, - these can be found on the Asus drivers webpage for your laptop model.

9. Renato N

Renato N Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Very thanks my friend, all ok !

10. hexaae

hexaae Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Last edited: Apr 9, 2019