*** ASUS ROG Zephyrus S GX701GX-XS76 Owner's Lounge ***

Discussion in 'ASUS Reviews and Owners' Lounges' started by Ultra Male, Jan 9, 2019.

1. mjugger

mjugger Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    so under the system menu in the "lighting" tab you should see a blue button to the top right called settings. click that and you should see a few settings for controlling the lighting on boot, wake, and sleep. in that same area there should be two checkboxes, one that says keyboard and one that says laptop light zones. make sure both are checked.

mobiousblack likes this.
  2. mobiousblack

mobiousblack Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Took me a while but I found it. However the checkbox is greyed out can't select it for some reason. Thanks for taking the time to find this they really need to work on making this more user friendly lol.

Now to figure out why I can't select the checkbox for laptop light zones...

3. mobiousblack

Reputations:
    And I just figured it out. For the zones to work you need to be plugged in to power...wow I feel stupid now xD

4. mjugger

mjugger Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    no worries. now, hopefully, Asus doesn't mess it up again. during my research, it appears that people have been having issues with this software and its many iterations over the years especially the AURA lighting

mobiousblack likes this.
  5. owvp70223

owvp70223 Newbie

Reputations:
    I just got the gx701 yesterday and i'm unable to get the ROG logo on the keyboard or the lid to work properly. The Armoury Crate is also missing the customize options or settings option under Aura. My only options are sync devices and aura effects. It only lists the basic effects, no customization or anything.

I've tried downloading an older version of the armoury crate service (1.4.1 and 1.4.3) and that doesn't change anything. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling everything but nothing works. I even called Asus yesterday and they couldn't figure it out and said it must be a hardware issue. I don't think it is though, i think it's an issue with the Armoury Crate software.

I looked everywhere for the location mentioned a few posts above in this thread about looking for the settings button under the "lighting" section, i don't have a lighting section. I have an Aura section but there's no settings button anywhere.

Anyone else? I'd really hate to send this laptop back because of this but i didn't spend 2k on a machine to have issues from the start.

6. KNDY

KNDY Newbie

Reputations:
    Hi everyone, I was playing "Overwatch" on my ASUS Zephyrus S ROG GX701GX and noticed it crashing once in awhile....probably three times within the past several weeks and of course, saw Armoury Crate showing that it reached 94 degrees and the laptop was super hot.

I have mine set at Balance but curious, if others have had issues with crashing and shutting down during gameplay due to high heat?

7. KNDY

KNDY Newbie

Reputations:
    Greetings Mine, also has Sync Devices and AuraEffects, I don't see anything about customization for keys. I see you can adjust the basic effects, such as "Rainbow" "Starry Night", etc.

8. owvp70223

owvp70223 Newbie

Reputations:
    Yup that's what i see. I just sent the laptop back. I know it's probably a software issue but i didn't pay 2k for a machine to not work fully out of the box. Plus, i just saw the new Alienware M17 that's coming in July so i'm probably going to go that route now.

9. mobiousblack

Reputations:
    It's there but annoying to find whoever thought this new software update was user friendly should be fired. If anyone is having trouble finding the lighting effects area and how to enable the logo and the vent slots let me know I'll make a video.

10. owvp70223

owvp70223 Newbie

Reputations:
    I've looked everywhere, i don't have the option. If you can show me a video or point me exactly to where it's at that'd be awesome.