ASUS ROG Zephyrus GX501 Owner's Lounge

Discussion in 'ASUS Reviews and Owners' Lounges' started by HamzimusPrime, May 20, 2017.

1. Ronny Czerkus

Ronny Czerkus Newbie

Reputations:
    Hi, I have a same issu/problem, in october/2018 my keyboard hasn`t been working too.
    Have you noticed that our video card (1080 max-q) does not work if the notebook cover is closed?
    unfortunately after my keyboard stops, I believe the video card has stopped working, F1 2017 was running at 120-140 fps at maximum settings, now it is 15 fps.

Dota 2 is no more than 40-60 fps.

Do you have any idea what to do with the keyboard (keys and led do not work, only the touchpad) and if there is any way to force the video card to always work on?

Do you resolve this problems?

Last edited: Nov 26, 2018
  2. p1nks0da

p1nks0da Newbie

Reputations:
    Hey, does any one know where the end key is? Or a macro for it?

3. clayton006

clayton006 Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    I have a weird issue that just startred with my Asus laptop. If I leave it running for a few hours (idle or watching videos) eventually the tackpad will not respond at all. It actually won't come back after a restart. I have to power down the system completely to get the trackpad back (as I'm typing right now, I have my trackball plugged in). Also when this happens the numpad won't come on either.

I don't see any devices marked as an "!" in device manager. Anyone have any ideas? Was working fine up until this week (as far as I am aware).

4. nday76

nday76 Newbie

Reputations:
    I have used my Zephyrus GX501 for a year now,
    and I can give you my honest opinion on this laptop.

Luckily, I haven't had any issue until last month.
    I have updated drivers, bios, and windows every time there was an update.
    My CPU and GPU temp is still at very cool 76°C and 67°C when playing AAA titles on High/Ultra.

However,
    last month, I noticed my keyboard bulging and took out the swollen battery.
    I was lucky to find the lemon battery before it permanently damaged the laptop.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Zephyrus GX501 was everything that I asked for.
    I loved the design, performance, cooling, acoustics and so on.
    But beware of its lemon battery as many Zephyrus owners are reporting the same problem at this time.

5. Ronny Czerkus

Ronny Czerkus Newbie

Reputations:
    Hi guys....,

One more problem......
    I'm having a problem with my rog zephyrus gx 501 vik notebook, the video card seems to be working only in economical mode, when I open the Rog Gaming Center, the ECO MODE option is ON, but as read-only I can not disable it -over there.

I'm a drop of FPS about 10x the normal for a GTX 1080

Games like dota2 and F1-2017 are running at 40-50FPS, when they should run at 120fps.

Tests in 3DMark11 return 3500-4000 Points, and should return about 12-14 thousand points

I have already tried to reinstall the atk chipset drivers, and also the recovery by the recovery system of the asus, but still the problem continues.

6. Ronny Czerkus

Ronny Czerkus Newbie

Reputations:
  7. KyubixFranco

KyubixFranco Newbie

Reputations:
    I believe there is some kind of incompatibility between the latest 1080 drivers and the Zephyrus. Mine was also always on Eco and the graphics card was never used in games. I had to do a factory reset to fix it. My driver is now the version 25.21.14.1722 and it is working perfectly again. I was told by the Asus customer support that the latest driver error-proofed for the Zephyrus is 24.21.13.9924. But I dont really know if it is the latest and I do not want what I have right now to go away.

Before I was playing Overwatch at 16 fps at any high graphic config and now I can get to 144 in ultra.

Best,
    KyubixFranco

8. Ronny Czerkus

Ronny Czerkus Newbie

Reputations:
    I tried remove drivers using DDU, and reinstal Nvidia Driver with you indicated, (417.01 -> 25.21.14.1722), but my GPU work only eco mode(readonly).

I also tried downgrade of bios to 306 and 307 Version, but my keyboard and GPU continue not working.

9. adampk17

adampk17 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Hello everyone in ROG Zephyrus GX501 land. The i7-8750H, 512 GB PCIe SSD, 16 GB version of this laptop is on sale for $1,899 at newegg. I've been in the market for a new gaming laptop and this seems to check all my boxes. Can I get a quick, high level opinion on the laptop, is it a good deal at that price?

Thank you

10. teltharian

teltharian Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Hey all, I'm considering getting this laptop but was wondering if anyone has any insight on how comfortable it is to type on this keyboard away from a desk with it pushed so far forward.