ASUS ROG Zephyrus GX501 Owner's Lounge

Discussion in 'ASUS Reviews and Owners' Lounges' started by HamzimusPrime, May 20, 2017.

1. sa7ina

sa7ina Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Turned this baby into an AI - Deep Learning Machine!
    Now i can go to costumers with a compact AI fast learner and train my model to the costumer's needs.
    With STYLE!!!
    ;-)

Thanks NBR+Members...The information here helped me a lot to fast choose my next machine.

Last edited: Jun 4, 2018
    hmscott likes this.
  2. bimmerboii

bimmerboii Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Any good tips to cover up the "Republic of Gamers" branding on the rear and below the display? Buying this as a desktop replacement. Will be using in a professional environment hence I do not want the words "republic of gamers" anywhere on the notebook. Torn between this and the Gigabyte Aero with 4k display.

3. teiger

teiger Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Did it help? I repasted but still get an difference of at least 7°C up to 9°C. Curious if it is worth it. And if it helped, did every core changed to the min core temp?

About the "Rep of Gamers" below the screen, I would like that as well. It's just so ugly and I can't understand why anyone want such a thing. Maybe it is possible to scrub it away, or someonte tried nail polish?

4. Support.1@XOTIC PC

Support.1@XOTIC PC Company Representative

Reputations:
    I would suggest using a lower heat hair dryer and like a plastic scraper to try to get that removed. Just go slowly and don't blast it with tons and tons of high heat

5. sa7ina

Reputations:
    Try Methanol or Acetone submerged (small amounts!) in a piece of fabric.
    If you go for the heat&scrub route try not to melt anything or worst even damage your screen.

6. pitha1337

pitha1337 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Yes the new HS helped a lot. Cores are even now. Temps are around 80C. GPU at 75C.

hmscott and sa7ina like this.
  7. Star1child

Star1child Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    Hi all,

Am now the proud owner of ROG Zephyrus GX501GI EI012T and its great!

I come from (in order of most recent) Aorus X9 CF1 (GTX 1070 SLI), Aorus X7 DT v6 CF1 (GTX 1080), Aorus X7 Pro v3 (GTX m970 SLI). They were great/epic machines and I still miss them, especially the X9, however I had a problem with random "frame rate nukes" on the X9 only when playing the most demanding triple A title games such as Wildlands, AC Syndicate, The Division, etc. I was considering getting the newer X9 DT with single GTX 1080, but somehow came across the Zephyrus GX501GI EI012T and was both very impressed and completely sold on it. It's a masterpiece like the Aorus X9, but ridiculously slimmer, lower priced and does no have the frame rate nuke issue I had experienced previously. The hinge-vent mechanism also sold me.

Anyway, back to the GX501GI and all I can say is that I'm so glad I came across it. I will no doubt have a few questions, any help is really appreciated so will post them at some point.

8. bimmerboii

Reputations:
    Anyone here with the 8th gen i7? Does it come with Nvidia optimus?

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

9. sa7ina

Reputations:
    The answer is no.

10. bimmerboii

Reputations:
    Thanks. I thought so too.

Anybody here with a stealthy or skinned GX501? Im just a few clicks away from buying the GX501 with 8th gen but the "Republic of Gamers" logo is really putting me off. Will be using this on a professional environment. Looking for ideas how to properly stealth out the ROG logo.