Asus ROG Strix GL702ZC / G702ZC / S7ZC with Ryzen 7 1700 8-core CPU and a Radeon RX580 GPU

Discussion in 'Asus' started by sicily428, May 30, 2017.

1. hmscott

hmscott Notebook Nobel Laureate

Reputations:
    As a suggestion, it's good to keep the laptop stock during the return period, in case some other component of the laptop fails or you discover a problem in assembly, or you find out through testing that the temperatures are just fine and the repasting / re-padding isn't worth losing your warranty.

Waiting for your warranty to expire is also a good idea, before doing things that void the warranty, otherwise you may find yourself with an unsupported laptop with a hardware problem down the road.

It's also a good idea to do testing and get temperature and performance results on the stock laptop before making changes, so you have a baseline of readings to measure against - to see if your changes improve things, or make them worse - or the same. Others have reported only a couple of degree's change / improvement after repasting, so be aware doing it doesn't always result in useful improvements in thermals or performance.

Opening up and making changes can open Pandora's box, and it might be weeks or months before you get her back into it. ;)

Good luck, and Enjoy your new laptop, before parting it out. :)

Last edited: Mar 27, 2018
  2. totolarico

totolarico Newbie

Reputations:
    Hello,
    Now I have at many time windows bleu screen hard crash...I was thinking that it's can be too much hot so i decided to put fan under the laptop but nothing change still have hard crash blue sceen. Can somebody could help me ?
    thank you !

3. hmscott

hmscott Notebook Nobel Laureate

Reputations:
    The design is running cool enough for everyone but you, maybe there is a production error with your unit? Return it for a new one, I wouldn't waste time trying to get it fixed on your own, you might void warranty and get stuck with the problem.

The longer you wait to return it the closer to the end of the return period you get and you might get stuck not able to return it for a refund or another unit.

Call / email the seller and tell them it's been unstable since you unboxed it, and it's still crashing, and you want another one. :)

4. Caretaker01

Caretaker01 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I agree, the laptop comes with Windows preinstalled and no major issue are to be expected from it running out of the box, besides some minor errors and glitches that people have already reported which caused them to reinstall a fresh copy of the OS you shouldn't experience any issues like BSOD, overheating, crashes.
    Even if I tamper with the voltages and frequency of the cpu and gpu I still don't have any crashes or Blue screens, the laptop just freezes upon failure to achieve stable parameters

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

hmscott likes this.