]]>

Asus ROG Strix GL702ZC / G702ZC / S7ZC with Ryzen 7 1700 8-core CPU and a Radeon RX580 GPU

Discussion in 'Asus' started by sicily428, May 30, 2017.

1. Deks

Deks Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    Each country will apparently have it's own versions of GL702ZC it would seem.
    Unless you are buying from USA or a retailer that offers customization... you will probably have to get the version that falls in your price range.

Either way, you can upgrade yourself as time goes on.

2. Phoenix_IT

Phoenix_IT Newbie

Reputations:
    The best one for the ratio price / parts installed I find it's a Ryzen 7 - HDD 1000 GB - SSD 256 GB - RAM 16 GB for Euro 1.799 (tax incl. and authorized seller).
    Considering that I will sell all the part of my actual desktop it will cost approx. 1.200 Euro.

3. Caretaker01

Caretaker01 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    That's allot, I paid 1420€ total with taxes and shipping, for an R7 1700 - 1tb HDD, 16 gigs, and a Samsung evo 960 256 gb. 2 year's warranty 100 € if I what 2 more year's of warranty. And it's still cheaper than an iPhone X in my country

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

4. Deks

Deks Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    Mine was initially £1566.
    But because I experienced initial issued with the OS and lack of drivers on Asus website and considered returning the laptop, LaptopsDirect offered a £70 refund if I decide to keep the unit. So, technically, I paid £1496.
    Yes, I had to RMA it a month later, but, now, with the replaced motherboard, and nrunning undervolted GPU and CPU at the same time... I'm hoping I can avoid further RMA-ing.

Btw...I installed and ran Star Wars The Old Republic last night, and fans were quite low.
    CPU reached 64 degrees C (3.3GhZ at 1.05V) and GPU reached 61-63 degrees C (-93mV via MSI afterburner).
    That's on Very high settings btw (didn't see the need to use Ultra as the differences were... non-existent to me, not that either impacted the temps in particular) and I limited the game to 60 FPS (no point in going over the monitor refresh rate).

Fans ran normally... no different vs browsing and media watching.

The game doesn't seem to be particularly demanding.

Star Trek Online however stressed my GPU before... so I'll have to test that with the undervolt. :D

Last edited: Feb 13, 2018 at 9:01 AM
    Phoenix_IT likes this.