Asus ROG Strix GL702ZC / G702ZC / S7ZC with Ryzen 7 1700 8-core CPU and a Radeon RX580 GPU

Discussion in 'Asus' started by sicily428, May 30, 2017.

1. don_svetlio

don_svetlio Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    As a person who works in an office and needs to dress smart and be constantly professional with clients - I have no shame in using my laptop with all the glitter and lights :D

Indeed. And even in DX11 games it older DX11 games it performs more than satisfactorily for high-ultra @60.

2. BeastOG

BeastOG Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    It really depends more or less on how well optimized the title is. Hopefully with AMD making a comeback, they'll try to optimize for AMD cards as well so to keep performance on par.

3. ThatOldGuy

ThatOldGuy Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    It depends what you do. If you meet with clients and or individuals, bright lights and colors is actually really good (like you said no shame needed). If you bring a smile to their face with it, as opposed to being ignored as a normal computer, its a big win.

On the other hand, if you are constantly in board meetings and or presentation; it can be bad, even rude to have a flashy laptop as it can be a distraction to speakers and those sitting near you.

don_svetlio likes this.
  4. don_svetlio

Reputations:
    It also depends on a firm's set of rules. If a firm here does not supply you with a device, they do not insist that your device complies with any regulations. If they want a smart device for their employees (like my sister's job requires) then they buy them business class machines (their firm handed out Lenovo T460 laptops last year for company use only - not bad really, her model has the i5 6200U and a 256GB Intel SSD. Battery life @ 10 hours)

5. Deks

Deks Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    The amount of garbage software programs I saw on those business laptops is equally appalling as on consumer ones.
    Companies at the very least have their own IT departments, what the heck is preventing them from removing all the demo software that no one ever uses (and bring the OS to as close to the clean version as possible) or at least doing a clean install with the product key and then follow-up with their own software for keeping in touch with the company?

Seriously, the amount of issues that easily arise from garbage programs floating about is ridiculous.
    You'd imagine companies with their own IT teams would do something about this.

6. don_svetlio

Reputations:
    In my sister's case, the machines were squeaky clean in terms of bloatware. Only the MS software that comes with Win 10 enterprise.

7. ayyboss

ayyboss Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    Damn. I'm just crossing my fingers and waiting for this to come out ;/ ARGH

8. slim shady

slim shady Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    ChanceJackson and sicily428 like this.
  9. ayyboss

ayyboss Notebook Guru

Reputations:
  10. don_svetlio

Reputations:
    Price is very solid, though. 256GB SSD + 1TB HDD, 16GB RAM, R7 1700 and RX 580 laptop for 1600 quid or about 1750-1800$. Not bad. Hopefully, the R5 1600 model will be around 1500-1600$ for a similar spec configuration.