Asus ROG Strix G712LV issue

Discussion in 'Asus' started by Mr_Fusion101, Feb 16, 2021.

1. Mr_Fusion101

Mr_Fusion101 Newbie

Reputations:
    I Bought this laptop from Best Buy Canada about 5 months ago. Yesterday i had an issue that popped up. I was copying and pasting text (Control C/V) and I accidentally must of hit some other key combo and I had a large icon (about 3cm square) appear on screen at the bottom with an eye symbol and the words 'eye care' and the screen became darker and with a yellowish tint. I have NO IDEA what I pressed and I have been trying to figure out how to turn the thing off. It's some Asus software run by hot keys that turns the blue light filter on. I spent over 1 hour looking this up and found nothing that worked. I found one thing about an Asus program called Splended which I don't have - I searched and nothing there. The only other thing is about windows 10 blue light filter which this isn't it. This is driving me nuts that I can't find what program and what hot keys turn this thing on and off. I wanted to watch some videos and with the screen darker and yellow, everything looks horrible. I looked up the manual and It has a list of FN + F1 - F12 which isn't it. There's nothing online about this that I can find. I don't know what to do to fix this. Anybody know how to fix this?????

2. Grantman

Grantman Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
  3. Mr_Fusion101

Mr_Fusion101 Newbie

Reputations:
    I tried Fn + C and it didn't do anything. I found that link and when I launch MyAsus and go under Hardware Setting there is no Splendid. There is only Battery Health Charging and that's it. I looked at the other settings and nothing I could find in MyAsus. I can't find Splendid at all on my laptop. The Splended Black box in that FAQ shows the Eye Care symbol with that text and that is what I saw flash on my screen. It was a large black box (about 3cm square) with the white eye symbol and the text 'Eye Care" it flash on screen for a few seconds and then the screen got darker with a yellowish tint. I must have hit one of the Asus Hot keys that turned it on but I can't figure what I pressed so I can't turn it off.

4. Grantman

Grantman Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    So this option is missing?

5. Mr_Fusion101

Mr_Fusion101 Newbie

Reputations:
    I watched that video and when he runs MyAsus and under 'Hardware Settings' he has 'Battery Health Charging' and then 'Splendid'. I have only 'Battery Health Charging' and that's it. That was why it was so frustrating that when I looked this up there were references to use Splendid in order to change the light modes and I don't have Splendid so I couldn't use that to fix it. I was playing around yesterday with key presses and I decided to try all 4 buttons to the left of the spacebar - CTRL + FN + Windows key + ALT and then it was either the C or V buttons and surprisingly I got the large icons popping up on the bottom of the screen. Can't remember the order but it scrolled through - Vivid, Default, Eye Care, and at least 2 other ones. One was a picture of a handgun with the text FPS and there might have been one that was 'Cinema'. I either chose Vivid or default. Screen looks back to normal, getting a brighter white.

However, I may have made another change when I was trying different key combs and twice when I turned the laptop on, when it gets to desktop, there is a large icon at the bottom of the screen that reads "Performance". I looked that up and I think I may have fixed that, the only way to know is for me to reboot and see if the Performance icon appears.