Asus ROG GL702ZC owners lounge

Discussion in 'ASUS Reviews and Owners' Lounges' started by Deks, Oct 16, 2017.

1. mhdvt

mhdvt Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I've managed to mod BIOS 303 to include updated microcode, confirmed working. Now to figure out the AGESA stuff...

2. Seltz08

Seltz08 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Well a couple things to note.. In regards to thermal dynamics first, while temp dynsmics says air moves from hot area to cold, heat also rises.. So directing upwards is the prime ideale scenario.. I can test air flow rates in a few weeks to see if my ducts will support or worse case, turbulate any ducted air flow based on computer simulations with known air flow test.

The reason hot air sometimes recirculation happens back to intake vents is because of vacuum from the intake being a not far distance away from the exhaust... Thus directing the exhaust air flow up and away should dramatically reduce the potential of recirculating hot air and why I would not direct to the side. Even the previous mention side mounted exhaust fans do OK because they push the hot air away.. Theirs a good amount of science behind airflow.. Luckily I have all the software and tools required to analyze cause an effect.
    The ducts I have modeled have less restricted flow than the radiator of the air cooling in the laptop so I have 0 doubt in their assumed abilities.

dnak_ebloa, Robbo99999 and hmscott like this.
  3. hmscott

hmscott Notebook Nobel Laureate

Reputations:
    Sounds good, the overall value is in the CPU / GPU temperatures too, it will be easy to do a test run with the exhausts open, and then one with the vents installed, and see how it affects the CPU / GPU temperatures in an A=>B test.

Looks like a fun project, and I look forward to seeing your results, maybe you can even turn it into a "product", or at least a free 3d model for others to use.

Making a variety of vent horn's would be a good custom business fitting various directional pointing vents for laptops.

Thank you for sharing. :)

Last edited: Jul 11, 2018
    Seltz08 and dnak_ebloa like this.
  4. dnak_ebloa

dnak_ebloa Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    Just ran cinebench and the laptop was only using 1 core, then turn it off and on again and all cores were working. Is this anything i should be worried about?

5. Seltz08

Seltz08 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I'll probably create a new thread when I get down to the nitty-gritty testing but you're right the proof is in the pudding... Unfortunately my personal SLA printer is down and 6he only other printer I have access to is 1-1.2million dollar hybrid metal dmls... I'd much rather prototype in plastic obviously lol Stay tuned for a thread if things work out, otherwise the models are posted via open source if you have a friend with a printer. I'm happy to make any design changes if needed.

Robbo99999, hmscott and dnak_ebloa like this.
  6. dnak_ebloa

dnak_ebloa Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    Just curious, will these BIOS mods allow the 702 to use faster ram (faster than 2666mhz)?

7. fanatik1925

fanatik1925 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Hello.

Can someone help me ? When I update my radeon driver to 18.7.1, gpu memory stuck at 2000mhz. Then I tried 18.5.1 driver. In 18.5.1 driver It says Freesync isn't supported. But memory gpu is normal in 18.5.1. And 18.7.1 supports Freesync. How can i solve this problem ? I want to use 18.5.1 and freesync.

8. fanatik1925

Reputations:
    I've fixed it by downgraded to v17.7

9. Trander

Trander Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:

10. fanatik1925

Reputations:
    Ty.

Anyone playing csgo with this system ? how many fps do you get ?