Asus ROG GL702ZC owners lounge

Discussion in 'ASUS Gaming Notebook Forum' started by Deks, Oct 16, 2017.

1. yrekabakery

yrekabakery Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Keep in mind that's on a desktop. You can't expect as good results due to laptop motherboard tracing. Ofc BIOS and strength of IMC are also factors.

Papusan likes this.
  2. woloss

woloss Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    So weird then, no idea how possible to make bubble via screwing. Plus panel consist of plastic, strange that I can easily do such thing, that bubble is smooth like it was here from start. Weird.
    About ROG center, u should see 2000 mhz under load or if u enabled max. perf. on gpu. In idle 300-500.

About RAM, different sticks maybe not bad idea, but last times I prefer KITs, less problems, easy OC atleast on desktop(our laptop don't have such option). Also, for me, 2400 cl15 in dual channel more than enough.

3. RedLabel

RedLabel Newbie

Reputations:
    Hello, how can you ENABLED MAX PERFORMANCE GPU ? From Bios or ... ?

Thank you.

4. woloss

woloss Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    In AMD Radeon Drivers if i remember right.

5. Erik C. Stubblebine

Erik C. Stubblebine Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Did you buy an additional stick to populate the empty one our laptop comes with? Did it make much difference at the same 2400 speed? Also, my 1st laptop I had to return because of a bad speaker, it too came with a bubble on the plastic. It lined up perfectly with a screw hole on the opposite side. I wasn't sure if it was suppose to be there until I received my replacement. It wasn't. BTW I tried "overclocking" the CPU to 3650 on all cores. Boy did it get hot! About 91c, the hottest it has EVER gotten. I think I can dial back on the voltage - its currently 1.2625 - a little more. Anyway, I've discovered there is no real need to overclock these chips. It has handled everything I've thrown at it. Overclocking was just for S & Gs - ****s and giggles.

Last edited: Jul 9, 2018
  6. Seltz08

Seltz08 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    So beautiful....

IMG_20180630_201941.jpg

Erik C. Stubblebine likes this.
  7. Erik C. Stubblebine

Erik C. Stubblebine Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Sweet.

I'd love to do the same thing. How much did it all cost. both SSDs and the Crucial RAM sticks. I have an M.2 EVO 850 512 GB in my old FX-8800P/R9 M385X Lenovo Y700. Was it difficult to access?

Last edited: Jul 9, 2018
  8. Seltz08

Reputations:
    I got all of it from Micro Center...
    Crucial Ram: 309.99
    970Pro: 204.99
    870evo: 224.99

Not difficult to access at all. I like using a guitar pick to run around the edges to unseat the bottom cover from the laptop.
    You will have to remove the heat sink to replace the RAM though. So its well worth upgrading your thermal paste while your at it.
    For removing the heat sink, wiggle and pull and it will go. this made me very nervous the first time i pulled it off.

Erik C. Stubblebine likes this.
  9. dnak_ebloa

dnak_ebloa Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    Just undervolting using Ryzen Master for this first time. Cinebench Scores reflect a change but Ryzen Master doesn't seem to register a change - look at Profile 1 (which I saved and applied), then look at Current. which shows a very low base clock (1.55) and the voltage doesn't reflect the changes set in Profile 1

Pictures here - https://imgur.com/a/YtcDwr9

Last edited: Jul 10, 2018
  10. Seltz08

Reputations:
    My most recent cinebench was a 1581 on creator mode at 3.6-3.65ghz - 1.1875volts.

I'm actually running a cam program right now that's pushing the cpu pretty well on all cores 80%, holding 80c with 42% fan curve. I even have the laptop propped up on some 1/2“ blocks to increase air flow underneath. I think I'm going to have to liquid metal this thing to get Temps a bit lower. A fan base would probably be a good thing too. I'm holding off on that for prime day..