Asus ROG GL702ZC owners lounge

Discussion in 'Asus' started by Deks, Oct 16, 2017.

1. InDevBrian

InDevBrian Newbie

Reputations:
    Nope, Never took them out. also because of their shape doesn't look like they could fit upsidedown.

hmscott likes this.
  2. InDevBrian

InDevBrian Newbie

Reputations:
    Ok so I've put it together and now the GPU fan seems to be blowing out but the CPU fan is back to reversed.....

Edit: started it without the bottom panel and it was the same as before, then I clipped the panel back on and temperatures rose back up. This change is from 62c too 78c. Doesn't seem quite right to me. While this was happening, the GPU fan was either off or reversed but the GPU got up to 65c (without load) GPU idles are around 52.
    The problem could be the GPU fan not turning on. It was the only one I was actually feeling for airflow thinking the CPU was on the right of the keyboard. So got any ideas for that?
    problem is GPU fan not turning on. hnnnn

Last edited: Apr 9, 2018
  3. Robbo99999

Robbo99999 Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    lol, madness!

hmscott likes this.
  4. Robbo99999

Robbo99999 Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    more madness!

hmscott likes this.
  5. Technooby

Technooby Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    IMG_1297.JPG Hey guys I have a weird question. My GPU at idle reads 300mhz in the memory bar in the rog gaming center. When editing in premiere it is almost always maxed out at 2000, never anywhere between those two numbers. The top mhz reading seems to always be at 608. I'm getting more choppy images in my timeline than I expected with this build. Is there something I can adjust? Also it rarely hits more than 55 degrees, which would lead me to believe it's not working very hard? On a possibly related but most likely unrelated side note I have a faint high pitch frequency type of noise at all times right from startup. It isn't very loud but is a terrible sound if you put your ear close to the keyboard. Do they all do this?

6. zeft

zeft Newbie

Reputations:
    Hi,
    I wanna commend you all on choosing this laptop (great CPU!). I just bought it after lurking this thread for few days. Thanks to everybody who wrote his experience here and especially Deks for opening this thread and others for their valuable input. I learned a lot.
    My experience with this laptop 'til now is almost flawless. I stressed it, benchmarked it and gamed on it to test it. Everything is more than fine ad I'm not going to oc/mod or repaste it it for now, cuz there's no need. At least for me. Only thing that I hate about this laptop is the branding. omg I hate anything ROG, I wished it had a more professional look but other than this everything including updates/drivers/thermals is perfect. I didn't have to do anything special. I guess I got lucky in that regard.

@Technooby I just checked my unit and coincidentally my gpu also was on 608 MHz but it's goes up and down and 300 MHz memory 53 degrees. (idle) Sorry I don't use premier.
    I also noticed this faint high pitch noise on first use. After some research i found that it could be the rx580 normal noise but I don't hear it anymore. Not sure if this's something I did when I opened my laptop (remounted ram, tightened some screws a little bit, reconnected battery and cleaned) or that I simply got used to it after 2-3 days.

tkalfaoglu, Technooby and Robbo99999 like this.
  7. Technooby

Technooby Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    It really is great this thread is here and so many great people contribute. Glad you're liking your new laptop! It is a great machine! Thanks a lot for looking at your GPU info. I'm wondering if maybe that's just maxed out. Hopefully more people will let us know what their systems show. That's really great to hear you had the same noise! Maybe it's normal. Definetly doesn't sound like any laptop I've ever had before. Hopefully again more people will comment on that. Someone in this thread recently posted something similar but it sounds like it was a much louder noise. Anyway thanks for the reply and congrats on the new computer/welcome to the thread!

8. zeft

zeft Newbie

Reputations:
    Thanks @Technooby. Yes I've heard that noise mentioned in this thread it's not just louder but also different if I'm not mistaken. I thought you put it perfectly "Faint high pitch noise" it irked me at the beginning, but somehow I don't hear it anymore. I guess if you have the time you can open your laptop, turn it on and point a microphone at different components to check where the noise is coming from. Hope that helps.

hmscott likes this.
  9. AlphaScorpii

AlphaScorpii Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Just found this laptop with Ryzen 7 1700. Was thinking to wait laptops with i7-8750h but they will probably come in 2-3 months in my country and price will be very high. I could really use CPU power.. that is one of the most important things for me along with fast SSD (I am doing some sims and work with DB). Not playing games.

2 things that concerns me:

1. Doesn't have thunderbolt 3. I use 4k monitor @60hz but monitor has only HDMI 1.4 so I need to use display port. Laptop has mDP but not sure what gen? What is TB gen? Could it run 4k@60hz?
    2. Cpu fan noise.. I wouldn't like more then 45db in load (I'm comparing to Asus N550JV which I use now and in reviews they say it's ~44db). I work a lot at night when everything is quite so really don't want loud cpu fan. I don't play games so I guess gpu fan is not important.

10. Caretaker01

Caretaker01 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    In short this laptop is not for you, GPU fan noise is allot to take in , as you said it's not important but it's good to keep in mind.
    CPU fan's sound just as loud but they won't kick in even in 85°+ degrees, however if you'd like to see the temps go down and you give the cooling a fan boost, you will hear the airplane taking off .
    I'm not sure if it can run 4k at 60 but if it does you will likely put some strain on the GPU causing the fan's to start

Sent from my MI 5s Plus using Tapatalk