Asus ROG GL702ZC owners lounge

Discussion in 'ASUS Reviews and Owners' Lounges' started by Deks, Oct 16, 2017.

1. Robbo99999

Robbo99999 Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    Ha, you better get studying - it's black & white baby! :)

2. Deks

Deks Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    Multiple choice means little if your knowledge of the topic is minimal - you'll end up guessing blindly, and probably providing incorrect answers more than not.
    An essay would at least made the writer more involved with the topic at hand, therefore probably increasing their level of knowledge on the topic (especially if its something interesting to him).

Multiple choice seems a bit... simplistic to be honest.
    Besides, if zdroj already put in the effort into the essay, then they should probably give leeway to him and those who did that in the first place and allow them to take the finals as originally intended.
    This last minute change is probably largely administrative or bureaucratic... and not very fair to the students.

Last edited: Mar 1, 2018
    zdroj and Donald@HIDevolution like this.
  3. Robbo99999

Robbo99999 Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    Deks, where's your sense-of-humour button gone - press it! ;-)

zdroj and Donald@HIDevolution like this.
  4. Erik C. Stubblebine

Erik C. Stubblebine Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    My replacement Strix arrived Wednesday. The speakers sound great this time. No issues or problems of any kind - except for a Microsoft update issue with the Start Menu. Also, I can not get Crysis 2 or 3 to run - both from Origin (I got them on sale as a package along with Crysis and Crysis Warhead). Other than that I am a happy camper! I'll post my benchmark info, once I get it done. I am LOVING this laptop! Everything runs smooth and beautifully.

5. zdroj

zdroj Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Awesome!

I was going to ask "But can it run Crysis?"...but you answered that question! ;)

After I was finished with my studying for the night I decided that I DESERVED to unbox mine - so I did. After the Windows setup and making a recovery USB, I performed one CPU run of Cinebench R15 that pulled a 1412, took a screen shot - and went to bed.

6. Caretaker01

Caretaker01 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Anyone have issues with the latest Windows updates?
    Windows 1709 cumulative updates for 2018-02 keeps saying awaiting restart, and keeps falling to install.
    I've tried everything I could find online about running troubleshooting and deleting temporary password fiiles etc.

Sent from my MI 5s Plus using Tapatalk

hmscott likes this.
  7. Erik C. Stubblebine

Reputations:
    I got everything working perfectly. Including both Crysis 2 and 3 - Highest settings are no problem at all. My only (petty) issue left is no fraps in Battlefield: Hardline - I still haven't finished the campaign after almost three years. I'm using DX11 and not Mantle, so I have no idea. My other Windows 10 laptop shows fraps in the game. Like I said not a big issue.

P.S. I scored the exact same score in Cinebench R15: 1412.

8. Erik C. Stubblebine

Reputations:
    Question. I have BIOS version 300. Should I flash it over to 303? I've already downloaded it and have it on a flash drive. What are the differences between the two? Anyone know.

hmscott likes this.
  9. HardwareInside

HardwareInside Newbie

Reputations:
    Is the purchase still worthwhile?

hmscott likes this.
  10. Deks

Deks Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    With BIOS 303, you get Virtualization, along with AGESA 1.0.0.7.

Depends on what you wish to use the laptop for.
    But I do think its worthwhile to get it, yes, both for gaming and productivity.
    It can be easily undervolted now on the CPU and GPU preventing temperatures and fans from going too high under maxed out load (I can even game on this thing now without the headphones - much more efficient) and of course it will lower overall energy consumption (also make sure to have Radeon Chill activated in the drivers for efficient GPU use during regular operations).

zdroj and hmscott like this.