Asus ROG GL702ZC owners lounge

Discussion in 'ASUS Reviews and Owners' Lounges' started by Deks, Oct 16, 2017.

1. Caretaker01

Caretaker01 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Some people claim that they have been able to reach 2666, but no real proof, I also ha e 2666 installed, and they run at 2400, if you wish to chance your ram go for a dual chanel with the lowers latency I have them at 15 and it's working perfectly, so far almost 99% of the laptops are limited to 2400 because of the mother board

Sent from my Mi 5s Plus using Tapatalk

Hannah98 likes this.
  2. Hannah98

Hannah98 Newbie

Reputations:
    oh ok, if that is the case then I am not gonna bother trying to find if my laptop belongs to the 1% but that is strange since both the CPU and the Mobo support 2666 RAM

3. SeonJaeKim

SeonJaeKim Newbie

Reputations:
    At first, I used Samsung 2400 clock RAM
    Then I upgraded the RAM of Samsung 2666 clock later, and the result works well with 2666 clock.
    Based on Ryzen 1600

Attached Files:

Hannah98 likes this.
  4. Erik C. Stubblebine

Erik C. Stubblebine Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    So, just to clarify, you all have FREESYNC with the newer drivers. If the answer is yes, then I'm good to go. I'd love to buy Doom Eternal.

5. Hannah98

Hannah98 Newbie

Reputations:
    is the 2666 compatibility limited to the Ryzen 1600?! No issues whatsoever?

6. Hannah98

Hannah98 Newbie

Reputations:
    I have the freesync but with an older driver. There are some workarounds for the latest driver though like installing the chipset driver but I didn't try it

7. SeonJaeKim

SeonJaeKim Newbie

Reputations:
    I have never had any problems using it
    I think it's been 9 months since I changed it.
    The cpu mounted in gl702zc is usually 1600 and 1700, and the maximum supported click is 2666 for both.
    Therefore, since 1600 is usable, 1700 is also likely to be used without problems (when the BIOS is the latest version, 306).
    However, a sub-model such as 1400 1500 may be 2400.
    (It would be convenient to browse the cpu details)

Ilias_mcleg and Hannah98 like this.
  8. Ilias_mcleg

Ilias_mcleg Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Hello everyone. Im new here and this is my first post. I am an owner of the asus GL702ZC and last week, after a general rise in the laptops temperatures, I decided that its time for some repasting. Upon opening it up and pulling out the heatsing/pipe assembly I was greeted by a mess of melted down thermal pads and two now crusted thermal cookies on the cpu and gpu. I replaced the thermal paste with a generous amount of Arcric MX-4 and then started replacing the thermal pads. I had a small sheet of arctic 1mm which i put on the cpu vrms the gpu vrm and the VRAM. It seemed as if it was making a good contact untill i fired it up and saw the gpu rise to 75c idle which meant that the thermal pads on the VRAM were too thick. At this point i ran out of 1mm pads and i had a big sheet of 0,5 mm which i put on the vram chips and then the laptop stayed at a cool 35-40 watching videos and 68-79 gaming. I opened it up to make sure everything was ok in there and what caught my eye was that the chips behing the CPU vrms which had thermal pads on them didnt make any contact at all with the heatsink. I stacked 3 layers of 0.5 pads on top of each other and it SEEMS as if it makes contact but im not sure. So my question goes to the heroes that replaced the pads on that laptop on their own and i would like to know what pads they put on each compontent and if it works properly. Thank you in advance and sorry for the long post.

9. Hannah98

Hannah98 Newbie

Reputations:
    I don't even have pads, only thermal paste everywhere. Are thermal pads better?

Ilias_mcleg likes this.
  10. Ilias_mcleg

Ilias_mcleg Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Hello hannah and thanks for the reply. I have tried paste as well but it dosnt let the other components appart from.the cpu and gpu make contact with the heatsing.