Asus ROG GL702ZC factory reset gone or missing

Discussion in 'Asus' started by Deks, Oct 22, 2017.

1. Deks

Deks Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    I don't think the battery in this laptop is replaceable (at least the pics of the innards I saw from previous reviews don't seem to indicate it is)... but if Asus aimed for a slimmer laptop, then using a lower capacity battery is something they couldn't avoid (unless of course we had better batteries at our disposal, such as Zinc type batteries,sugar type batteries, etc. - which of course were proposed as viable solutions to increase energy storage by a factor of 10 while also reducing size over the past decade at but none were actually used - typical).

As for miniaturizing cooling and power handling... actually you can... by simply using better materials.
    Bigger isn't always better... there is such a thing as technical efficiency and doing more with less.
    Buckminster Fuller understood this, and we already had access to metamaterials back in the 1970-ies and better materials that could have been synthesized on a large scale for use in electronics, cooling and power supply (but of course, Capitalism isn't concerned with what is technically feasible in sustainable abundance... it only cares about cost efficiency and profits, neither of which reflect what we can actually DO)

Of course, if we did that (you know, created technology that reflects our latest scientific knowledge), we'd have supercomputers by now woven into clothes or nanites that would likely function in a different manner all together... and no, this isn't scifi - actually most scifi would look (and already is) quite primitive when you look at what science is actually capable of and the type of technology we could produce in sustainable abundance for all if 'money' was not an artificial limitation that it is.
    A simple look through the patent database and historical material developments (or even aerospace materials) would easily give you wild (but feasible/sustainable) ideas.

Anyway... I'll let you know what Asus and LaptopsDirect say tomorrow once I'm back home.
    Although this lack of product support from Asus is disturbing to say the least... the laptop was available for pre-order months ago, and they had a working model that was reviewed a while ago.
    So, why the lack of drivers, utilities or anything for that matter on the website?
    Doesn't it seem... unusual?

Last edited: Oct 22, 2017
  2. mhdvt

mhdvt Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I'm also interested in buying one of these. Did you get any help/reply from ASUS or LaptopsDirect?

3. dnak_ebloa

dnak_ebloa Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Hey, sorry to hijack this old thread...but, i'm just in the middle of creating a bootable USB drive of windows from the GL702zc which i want to install on my new NVMe drive. WIll the new drive require a licence code, and if so where do I find/get hold of it? (presuming i'll need it)

4. Caretaker01

Caretaker01 Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    Check out this
    http://forum.notebookreview.com/index.php?posts/10735663

Sent from my MI 5s Plus using Tapatalk