Asus ROG GL503

Discussion in 'ASUS Gaming Notebook Forum' started by sicily428, Jun 15, 2017.

Tags:
  1. gieffe22

gieffe22 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Today i opened my 703vm to to a light clean from dust (11 months old), and i was surprised on fan area... it was pretty clean after almost 1 year, no dust against radiator grills, all it was is just some dust on fans, but nothing major. Open the laptop is really easy, just a couple of screws. I don't repaste it, only cleaned the fan from dust. Tested now with BF V, 1 hours of gaming, and cpu stays on 75-85° range against 80-90 of yesterday. Those results shocked me for a bit of cleaned dust on fans. I will do other gaming session on future days but not bad...

Here's a pic of the beautiful inside

[​IMG]

2. Meganepowaaa

Meganepowaaa Newbie

Reputations:

Hi,
    I just do your trick and it work Well..
    I now that the question have been posed but... Is there a solution to reflash To the original firmware to have back led on caps lock and power ?

Model: Asus GL503VM

I'm in a discussion with the asus support and get her answer here when it come.

Thank you in advance

RoF1337 likes this.
  3. gieffe22

Reputations:
    honestly i cannot find a setup with the older firmware... i think that only asus have the original firmware. Let us know if is possible downgrading this firmware

RoF1337 likes this.
  4. oasis1701

oasis1701 Newbie

Reputations:
    Hello,
    I have a gl503VM, i had a few questions.
    Is it not possible to use the turbo gear for this model? i am missing the turbo gear option in the rog gaming center. does this mean that i can't overclock anything in this laptop?
    The software that is in gl503vm's driver page seem out dated, for example the rog game center. which page do you recommend to get my laptop drivers from. should i update my drivers from the gl503ge's driver page? those seem more newer.

Any help would be much appreciated, sorry if my answers are already posted somewhere that i couldn't find.

5. gieffe22

Reputations:
    you can overclock with other software like msi afterburner but if you are not expert i not reccomend to you. This lap have even now plenty of graphical power to obtain 60fps on most games 1080p.

oasis1701 likes this.
  6. oasis1701

oasis1701 Newbie

Reputations:
    Thanks for helpipng
    I have some issues with fps drops, i'm trying to lock the game at 60fps but time to time it goes down to 10-20 for a second or two.
    do you know which nvidia settings i need to change for this to be fixed?
    this is my first gaming laptop and i don't have a lot of experience with gpus.

7. gieffe22

Reputations:
    i suppose this is thermal throttling... you have to use msi afterbuner to watch temperatures and see if go over 85° degrees for gpu or 95° for cpu.

Then you can try to undervolt cpu... if this doesnt work you have to contact asus for a new repasting of thermals, or you can do yourself (but this voids warranty)

8. gieffe22

Reputations:
    Hi everyone... i switched to the new gl704gw, selled my 703vm. This is a beast, we see on 704gw pages...

9. Scorpik

Scorpik Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Hello All,

Lads can you please help me...
    I update mine m.2 ssd and instal brand new Windows 10, but cant find anywhere at asus suport page ASUS ROG Gamineg Centre 2.5 or higger, at support page is only all drivers but nothing else...
    Can someone please update for me Esupport folder for GL503GE model please
    Thanks

10. CHCantu

CHCantu Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I have a GL503GE for about one year. Two months ago the fan started to behave crazy. The GPU fan sometimes runs at 7100rpm even when the GPU is in not being used (power saving mode). This makes a lot of noise, impossible to use the laptop in a shared environment without making everyone crazy.

ASUS support was useless, as usual. I could not find a reason for this. It starts and stops with no logic.

I see several people in ROG forums, Amazon comments, etc. with the same problem, but no fix. Some people returned to RMA 3 times, and the problem wasn't solved.

Any help?