Asus ROG GL503

Discussion in 'ASUS Gaming Notebook Forum' started by sicily428, Jun 15, 2017.

Tags:
  1. syen

syen Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Go to Nvidia control panel. In there select the tab "3d settings". There you can switch between the cards, to test for fps difference.

Does your Device manager show any exclamation marks?

You have downloaded all the latest updates on Windows? And your Nvidia driver is the latest one from the Nvidia website?

Finally, the game is installed through Steam I presume..

2. orlando9164

orlando9164 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Nope, I can't, there is not any possibility to switch to the integrated GPU from the NVidia control panel, you should know it if you had a GL503 as you said.
    But I think that in general we all should know that the Intel GPU can't execute The Witcher 3 at a decent framerate, without any doubts.

Yes, I have all the updates of Windows and the last drivers on NVidia site... I already made all the "obvious" thing, I already said it in my first message.

The game comes from my original physical version. In every case the problem is surely not the game itself, I also obtained bad results with GTA 5 and a very low scores in Userbenchmark and 3dMark-Timespy.

3. gieffe22

gieffe22 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Apacer 16gb pc4-19200 ddr4 sdram

Part number:
    76.D305G.D390B

On the first gl703vm that i had an returned (a broken key) i had a samsung module instead of this apacer but specs are the same.

Guys news about the new bios 309? no one have info about it?

praetorianx likes this.
  4. Murat Y?lmaz

Murat Y?lmaz Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    IS there a way to manually control fan speed on GL503VM? ROG wont let me to control the speed. It only allows overboost or auto...

5. syen

syen Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    You didnt say whether your Device manager is free of exclamation marks.

In the Nvidia control panel make also sure the 'Adjust image settings with preview' is set to 'Quality'. NOT on 'Performance', as you can see in the 2nd screenshot. And dont forget to press apply when testing both graphic cards.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Feb 9, 2018
  6. gieffe22

gieffe22 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    gl503-703vm/vs have the integrated gpu forced off by asus (and is not possible to enable in bios).

You have a vm/vs? i don't think so

7. syen

syen Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Well this is the GL503 thread and I have never encountered an Asus laptop with 2 graphics cards, which could not be activated upon will, through the Nvidia control panel.

8. orlando9164

Reputations:
    I already had that option activated, but... How have I to tell you that it is NOT possible to switch to the Intel GPU? I can NOT test the Intel GPU WITHOUT uninstalling the drivers of NVidia GPU; it is "invisible" by default when the Nvidia GPU is installed, which is the only recognized GPU. And however, I repeat you, the Intel one is NOT absolutely capable of execute a modern game at a decent framerate.

Before you said that you had a GL503, in reality it seems that you never had

9. syen

syen Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    In that case I would have sent it to Asus for technical repair as part of the warranty. Would take a long time though before you get it back.

Execute it can. Even on just 5-10 fps. Older Windows versions like in the 2000s wouldnt launch a game if the computer wasn't capable of running it.

I suggest looking closer at the first screenshot in case you still dont see the model I own and type from right now.

10. orlando9164

Reputations:
    If I will not solve the problem I will try to format the PC first... also because it is strange that a GPU works parcially... or it works or it doesn't completely work I think... Eventually, for the time I know, but if I have to send it I will.

Yes, it can, but it would not be playble... with my 1070 the framerate is not excellent, but however it's possible to play.

Oh yes, sorry, I didn't see the right part of the screenshot. But did you ever format the PC?