Asus ROG GL503

Discussion in 'Asus' started by sicily428, Jun 15, 2017.

Tags:
  1. williamaltu

williamaltu Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:

You are right on the 3GB comment. However lets remember Asus updated the tech info, and there they describe not only a 3GB GTX but a 6GB. Lets just hope you for this one you are wrong:D.
    https://www.asus.com/Laptops/ROG-Strix-Hero-Edition/Tech-Specs/

I am going for the hero 6GB edition !!!

2. Mr. H

Mr. H Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:

I really hope I am also wrong about the heat management lol. Cuz this seems to be an elegant device Asus has ever created, at least to me. I wish they made a 1070 version of the Hero too :< I really love that artwork on the top panel of the Hero xD

Nickk_87 likes this.
  3. franzerich

franzerich Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    So you think the Asus ROG logo is tacky and find an alternative without:

Asus FX503 (1050 gtx or 1060 gtx) https://www.asus.com/Laptops/FX503/

The "x"-like lid still looks kinda gimmicky, similar to the new HP Omens lid design, or MSI trying to make the lid look like a Porsche engine cover. Not a fan of such things, but it still looks more decent with an Asus logo instead of the ROG logo. What is unacceptable however, is the red keyboard letters. I've tried 2 times to adapt to such keyboards (Lenovo Legion, HP Omen), and couldn't - because it gave me f*** eye cancer!

Why not keep it simple?
    - Business line: Silver "ASUS" logo on lid, with white backlit keyboard)
    - Gaming line: Red "ASUS" logo on lid, with white/RGB backlit keyboard)

No weird logos, symbols, and other design crap. Just a small hint to differentiate between the ones with high performance and low performance.

Last edited: Oct 9, 2017
    Arondel and Kip37 like this.
  4. JustLookingOK

JustLookingOK Newbie

Reputations:
    Since it's so late, maybe they should wait with the GTX 1070 version until January when the Coffee Lake CPU's releases for notebooks?

Nickk_87 likes this.
  5. Montségur

Montségur Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Canada Computers is now advertising the GL703/503, but they are all GTX 1050 versions and quite honestly the prices are way out of whack IMO.

http://www.canadacomputers.com/asus/rog-notebooks

I love Asus and I've purchased a lot of ROG over the years, but when I can order a Dell 7577 for less than $1400 all in with a GTX 1060 max-q, an NVMe and a four lane Thunderbolt 3, why would I take the GL503? And since when would I pay $1800 for a GTX 1050 rig?

Yikes.

Last edited: Oct 13, 2017
  6. jrwingate6

jrwingate6 Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    That is pretty damn high. Xotic PC in the states is selling the 703vm 1060 model with a 120hz display for $1499. That doesn't include a SSD though. Only a 1tb SSHD.

Sent from my LG-H932 using Tapatalk

7. williamaltu

williamaltu Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
  8. rrm111

rrm111 Newbie

Reputations:
    I started considering ROG laptops when ASUS finally decided to remove the "ASUS" logo. If you look at the most gaming laptops, they use their own gaming logos. You won't see "Dell" on Alienware (Alien Head Logo), "Razer" on Blade (Snake Logo), etc. These are how gaming laptops differentiate from regular laptop.

I really like gaming laptops with minimalistic design since it can be used in gaming and business context. IMO the GL503 design is the better than GL502 since it does not have too much gaming accents. Somehow, you know that GL503 is a gaming laptop (due to the logo) but does not distract other's attention too much (no bright orange accents).

9. Mr. H

Mr. H Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
  10. Jmanthesin

Jmanthesin Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    When will the ASUS ROG GL503VS be released? and is there a GL703VS with TB3?