*** ASUS ROG G703GX-XS71 Owner's Lounge ***

Discussion in 'ASUS Reviews and Owners' Lounges' started by Spartan@HIDevolution, Jan 9, 2019.

1. rmillsg703

rmillsg703 Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    I suddenly realised last night I put carbonaut pad on cpu/gpu and didn't know what they had put on!

Its idling (with - 120mv undervolt limited to 3.6ghz) about 50c+ cpu ish! (manual mode no overclock, find manual has better fan curve for keeping temps down, not noise)

This is about 10c hotter than before, light work loads are easily bringing this to 65c!

Heavy gaming brings it to about 70-75c. I'm yet to take it apart and check but it appears the idling temps are high but max temp is normal. Stress test it aid64 limits at 81c after 10 mins, gpu 72c (no undervolt).

From what I can tell, I'm unsure if it's latest armoury crate they've installed or bios version, but the fan curve has changed and is alot worse, fans not going above about 2000rpm til 75c ish and then over 2500rpm ish needs 80c, I think atleast. The fans seem alot quieter until suddenly they'res a jet engine taking off on my desk on certain games

Do I take it apart or leave it as its max temp isn't bad atall and it is working perfectly fine just idling hotter

Last edited: Oct 28, 2020
  2. cope123abc

cope123abc Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Hi guys,

Done a fresh Windows 10 install direct from microsoft to avoid the spam from Asus.

Anyway -

Armour crate.
    Missing - OC options for GPU.
    Missing - Panel Overdrive.

Downloaded all and latest drivers from Asus no luck, any ideas?

that includes the XTU troubleshooter and the refresh driver, running latest bios.

3. OvidiuM

OvidiuM Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    Anyone playing Cyberpunk 2077? How does it run on this laptop? Didn't tested it yet myself.

4. cucubits

cucubits Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    I am. It's running fine with my CPU at 2.9Ghz and underclocked GPU. The fans do turn up but nowhere near too noisy. With DLSS on auto and RTX off, it's very smooth - this is how I play it. The rest of the settings on medium/high. I don't have FPS numbers but it feels very fast. With RTX on, it does look very pretty... reflections are amazing but it does run a bit slower (again, no FPS numbers but I feel it).

5. rmillsg703

rmillsg703 Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    I've not tried cyberpunk, but have noticed that in cold War, with rtx on it works in most online maps but massive frame drops and stuttering in Moscow (50-60fps from 110-120), my brothers rtx 2060mini pc doesn't have that issue. Play cold War with all rtx off, dlss on (was causing zombjes issues but seems to have been patched)

Also snowrunner works amazingly, gear 5, halo ect ect, but I do still have an issue with lighter loads such as spyro giving me random massive fps drops for a couple seconds. Again brothers doesn't get that, so I always make sure I got chrome with couple tabs open on other monitor which seems to resolve issue (have a 27" plugged into laptop as main display and laptop as 2nd). Never really found the issue, it's as if it trys to save power and goes to far.

Sent from my LYA-L09 using Tapatalk