*** ASUS ROG G703GX-XS71 Owner's Lounge ***

Discussion in 'ASUS Reviews and Owners' Lounges' started by Spartan@HIDevolution, Jan 9, 2019.

1. rmillsg703

rmillsg703 Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    Okay thank you :)

Which mode does everyone use in armoury crate? I've been using turbo as although it's the loudest, it also appeared to be the coldest,

Tried balanced so the gpu wasn't overclocked, hoping it would last longer before eventually failing and to run cooler, but due to the fan curve It actually peaks hotter while gaming, tried manual but I think this also uses the balanced fan curve!

Gpu not undervolted usually peaks about 74c, on balanced it was about 78c ish, did spike to 82c, cpu I'm happy with temps of below 73 usually, spikes to 78 if sudden load but never sits this high when fan kicks in.

Sent from my LYA-L09 using Tapatalk

2. cucubits

cucubits Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Speaking of armoury crate being garbage, does anyone know why the Panel Overdrive option is missing in the latest versions?

This is how it used to look like (pic is from some random website):
    upload_2020-4-18_15-25-9.png

And this is how mine looks like now, panel setting missing completely.

upload_2020-4-18_15-25-52.png

I'd like to mess with screen settings as I see some blurring while moving in a game with lots of small details and I'm wondering if I have the screen set to the lowest response time. I can't find the setting anywhere in the new armoury crate.

3. rmillsg703

rmillsg703 Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    If you Google Asus rog g703, open Asus page, in there picture it doesn't have it or mention it on the page, maybe wasn't avaliable on this machine? [​IMG]

4. cucubits

Reputations:
    It was. I remember seeing the setting in the armoury version it came with. I have to try to install an older one to see if it's there. Doesn't make much sense for asus to just take it out though... no idea what's going on.

5. rmillsg703

rmillsg703 Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    I don't remember it being there, may have already been gone by time I got it, although I didnt mess with much in armoury crate when I first got it! Will check Tomorow as mines running an older version

Maybe it's in the windows 10 settings? I will look Tomorow

Also the gpu clock speed use to look like this when I first got it, but not since now it's just a blue bar, any idea why? [​IMG]

cucubits likes this.
  6. rmillsg703

rmillsg703 Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    I use my graphics in optimus mode, so tried switching back and forth, panel overdrive never showed up!

In windows 10 settings and nvidia control panel you can set your monitor refresh rate if this helps at all but no overdrive options!

Also just installed latest bios 306, nothings changed all seems to work exactly the same! And still have to sleep to activate undervolt! Does make me wonder if the gxr bios would work as it is same mobo! Might try to find someone who modify bios and can look at code of each bios who understands it to see if it's a straight work!

Also is myasus program, hardware settings is now greyed out? So I can't limit how much battery charges anymore

Last edited: Apr 19, 2020
  7. rmillsg703

rmillsg703 Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    Since talking on here I decided to play with my rgb on keyboard, shortly after I realised that none of the aura software, or older armoury crest, or rog aura core on Windows store support British keyboard lighting correctly and can't change setting to support it! [​IMG][​IMG]

8. cucubits

Reputations:
    I don't have this myasus installed. Is it something official? What is it used for?

Your enter key is bigger than mine :)
    I don't know how you could change your keys rgb correctly if asus didn't release proper localized support for different layouts.

upload_2020-4-19_13-59-16.png

rmillsg703 likes this.
  9. rmillsg703

rmillsg703 Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    myasus was on it when I got the machine, its just basically account details, warrenty experation date, and you could choose battery options such as long life (only charging to 60% never more) max power saving (takes forever to charge) and another just normal, I used long life to protect battery. It was also good for updating everything such as armoury crate, Asus live services ect ect. Can also run system diagnostics*

From what I can work out UK has that keyboard layout, but can't find another country that does! A few UK YouTube reviews had same keyboard as mine, so I'm not a one off! If in aura creator I highlight whole keyboard and set it to static red, that '/' key and the '#' key are the only tow that don't light up! I have emailed Asus, but doubtful they will fix it!

'rog aura core' app in windows app store works on our laptop and you can change region on that one, but doesn't have English UK wierdly :/ wishing even more that I didn't get the laptop now! Just knowing it doesn't work wind's me up!!

cucubits likes this.
  10. rmillsg703

rmillsg703 Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    Have contacted Asus, they checked I was running latest version, reinstalled it from there website ect ect, and after exhausting all other options they have forwarded it, hopefully they sort it! [​IMG]