*** ASUS ROG G703GX-XS71 Owner's Lounge ***

Discussion in 'ASUS Reviews and Owners' Lounges' started by Spartan, Jan 9, 2019.

1. OvidiuM

OvidiuM Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    I'll eventually do something simmilar but with bigger intake holes and also cut into the cover right under the heatsink big enough to go through both dies. There are some cover edges though that need to be intact because they push onto the heatsink to make more preasure. Some 1 mm thick steel mesh glued in place to cover the holes should be enough to give back some sturdiness.
    I think that those holes under the heatsink are a good way to go since alot of heat gets trapped inside the laptop even with fans runnig high rpm.

2. rmillsg703

rmillsg703 Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    Hi all, just checked for updates and found these, unsure what the asus one is and weather the windows one (being 85gb!!!) will affect system, being cautious about all updates since every update i install on this machine always results in me wiping everything and starting again

also on another note, the headphone jack seems to work if and when! ARGGGGG

*headphone jack works, when you plug in, open realtek centre embedded in windows 10, bottom left has hardware, and you select headphone or headset (opposite to one it's on), works perfect plugged and unplugged, until a restart

Installed all updates one by one, in sledgehammer updater if you use option 2 minitool then it gives you more details a out the update, so I was able to see the updates were all fine.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jan 25, 2020