*** ASUS ROG G703GX-XS71 Owner's Lounge ***

Discussion in 'ASUS Reviews and Owners' Lounges' started by Spartan, Jan 9, 2019.

1. rmillsg703

rmillsg703 Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    Okay thank you! From reading online it's the windows 10 version 1903 causes game mode to override the windows 10 power settings, so you simply turn game mode off but it's auto updated to 1909 which turning it off is now Inaffective, atleast for me :/

Sent from my LYA-L09 using Tapatalk

2. rmillsg703

rmillsg703 Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    Hi again, just an update, i done a system reset via windows 10. It is still on 1909 but by disabling gamemode it does now stay at 3.4ghz while gaming (tested call of duty modern warfare), im unsure what caused it before as i tried what was suggested but ended up resetting, but i guess just a bug when updated :) hope this helps anyone that might need it

3. OvidiuM

OvidiuM Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    @rmillsg703 What XTU version were you using? I tried alot of them bit without luck. No version I was using was compatible with 8750h

4. rmillsg703

rmillsg703 Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    Whatever version is on there own website, I googled intel xtu and just downloaded from Intel!

When I tried to add a new profile it wouldn't let me as 'monitoring is stopped' or something and wouldn't let me change cpu frequency (greyed out) , let me adjust voltages and turbo time ect have wiped computer since then so can't find out version now sorry :/

OvidiuM likes this.
  5. OvidiuM

OvidiuM Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    Just had this issue earlier also. I did some undervolt testing and wifi suddenly dropped.
    But on my end was due some services I had disabled. Windows error reporting and Event log. I followed some sugestions that for stability those 2 should be disabled but took out my wifi and no stability improovement whatsoever

6. OvidiuM

OvidiuM Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    New BIOS version on ASUS website version v.305

7. rmillsg703

rmillsg703 Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    Firstly any idea how to install it?

Secondly the first non security update on win 10 1909 overrides cpu max frequency power setting during gameplay, with game mode disabled.

So again I've had to reset the computer this morning, and temporarily disable all Windows updates!

Does the newest update override throttle stop if someone could try for me? Only when gaming not normal desktop use! And to use throttle stop do you just enable speed shift and move the multiplier? And then turn on.
    Thank you

8. OvidiuM

OvidiuM Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    Throttlestop is not afected by windows updates. The only issue I have is Asus locked down this CPU and for throttlestop to work with your undervolt settings you have to put the computer to sleep and then wake it.
    I usualy do this sleep/wake cycle everytime I boot it up. It only takes 2 clicks so it is not too bad. I tried clock limit in windows control panel but I will stick with throttlestop for now.
    You can follow these steps if you want to give Throttlestop a go.
    Just remember that after you set it up you need to do that sleep/wake cycle for the undervolt to work and to be able to see it in HardwareMonitor of other monitoring software you use.

9. OvidiuM

OvidiuM Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    As for the BIOS update download and then exttact it to a flash drive. I recomend extracting it on the root folder so you'll have just that BIOS file on the entire flash.
    After extracted plug it in and enter notebook BIOS. Under advanced options you should see the ez flash 3 utility and just folow the steps from there. It should automaticaly locate your flash drive and bios file. Select that 305 bios file and wait for bios to complete flashing. It will take about 5 min or so.

10. rmillsg703

rmillsg703 Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    Thank you for your help, so I have just tried this and it worked, throttle stop will limit my cpu after sleep! Since Im. Now using throttle stop I tried undervolting, clueless what I'm doing, does all this seem right? Not sure if it's actually set or not as don't know how to check!
    This is also an aid64 stress test for 5 mins as I didn't know how to check the stability in any other way
    Thank you [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]