*** ASUS ROG G703GX-XS71 Owner's Lounge ***

Discussion in 'ASUS Reviews and Owners' Lounges' started by Spartan, Jan 9, 2019.

1. Scorpik

Scorpik Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    @martin778
    I talk about manual mosde and yes the Fans need be "sharp" to turn on quickly as possible when the CPU go hot :)

2. wilpang

wilpang Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    In the Nvidia Control Panel, does it not have Auto select in the Manage 3D settings, where you can select High performance or Integrated graphics or Auto select? I wasn't aware that has changed...

3. martin778

martin778 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Hmmm interesting, I haven't seen it in settings. Also when it runs in Optimus mode the G-Sync isn't even visible in Nvidia menu (which is correct since G-S doesn't support Optimus).

4. martin778

Reputations:
    I'm still fighting with it because it has massive frame drops, like 30-140-130-140-100-50-30FPS making racing games unplayable. this is in balanced mode.

5. Scorpik

Scorpik Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    @martin778

Instal HWmonitor or other software for monitoring clock speed, wattage and temperature, then start play a game and then investigate the "lagg issue" ( when the FPS drop ) if there will be anything in red, then you know where is the problem, this is only the one way how to sort this.

6. Scorpik

Scorpik Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    I play everything at ultra , triple A titles and have 120 - 140 FPS in any game, normally 135-140

7. martin778

Reputations:
    Nothing in red and no measured frame drops.
    I will be returning it because the SSD issues are driving me nuts. They did something with the CPU lanes for NVMe's and even after formatting the 970PRO drives and rebooting - one drive 'unformats' itself and the other disappears.
    If it doesn't support 3x NVMe or only if they're Intel 760p's just put it in the specs darnit but this is typical ASUS really, always looking for a way around something by tinkering with the lanes, firmware etc.

Last edited: Nov 23, 2019
  8. Scorpik

Scorpik Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    Check the Bios seting, I have the 3 standart NVMe and don't plane is change atm, brcause they are enough fast for me, I know one single Samsung 970Pro is same speed, so 3x that will be much faster, but I honestly don't need it, windows boot under 5s , all games and program start instantly, so don't see the reason why swap them...
    I will be gues is just driver or bios issue and I believe is possible to fix it :)

9. martin778

Reputations:
    I think it's broken already, 10 minutes to reboot windows. I reinstall the OS fully, run Windows update and we're at step 1 = 10 minutes to reboot.

10. Scorpik

Scorpik Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    Hm this look like some nasty driver bug ...
    I play with mine whole day today and did another record in 3dmmark, but still have issue with frostpunk ( if someone know that game ) the video in game is lagging and the sound is "bad" but is mostly bug on game :(
    Everything else is perfect, but maybe I was just lucky, like I said already mine burn out after first 10 minutes of benchmarking and went to the service for a 30 days, where I was lucky, because after fixing the burned Vram at GPU and few tested asus device replace whole motherboard ( there is sealed cpu, gpu ) so when the laptop come back, mine temperatures was much better ( because the service technick did excellent job with the liquid metal ) temperatures before on benchmark was at 92 C on CPU and heavy throttling and now with out XTU installed 85 C max and no theotleling at all.
    I think you just mixed some drivers or some setting at Bios, try factory bios reset, instal windows and reinstall correct drives, I think this will be help, I know that is painful like S**t but that is only the one way how to fix it :) , because believe me, this machine is undestroyable, and I know it, I did destroy the first one :D so when the second one ( new mobo, cpu, gpu ) did arrived, I decided to destroy it again, due.ti EU policy after second time they need offer fully money rembuismet or brant new machine with discount and gues what ? 48 H in 3dmarks and the PC is still here :) so I am sorry but I do love it to bits :)
    I believe you will find the way how to fix it and then you will find the true potential of this desktop replacement:)
    And one question for you at end, why you deceive to move the "factory M.2 nvmssd ? Because I don't see point and look what that cost you ( mean the hassles )