*** ASUS ROG G703GX-XS71 Owner's Lounge ***

Discussion in 'ASUS Reviews and Owners' Lounges' started by Spartan, Jan 9, 2019.

1. OvidiuM

OvidiuM Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    The coil wine comes from the GPU and usually there is nothing you can do from what I read on this issue when first time I noticed it. Some GPU's come with coil wine, alot of wattage is pushing through these 2080's.
    Mine does it too. It's not to rough and it doesn't bother me too much.
    When I game I use a voltage curve to lower it to a more faded sound.
    I think it works by scaling voltage and wattage. Less voltage makes it less annoying.

cucubits likes this.
  2. cucubits

cucubits Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Both good points, I will try to mess with the GPU curve to see if it does anything and at some point I will have to open it up and check the paste on the vrms (maybe replace with pads, now that we know the correct thickness).

OvidiuM likes this.
  3. OvidiuM

Reputations:
    If you go with pads usually softer are better. The ones I got from fujipoly are like putty, they tear easily and a bit hard to work with.

4. cucubits

cucubits Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    I tweaked a bit more the MSI Afterburner curve and I think the coil whine got weaker.

How do your curves look like?

Screenshot_1.jpg

5. OvidiuM

Reputations:
    I have two profiles, one locked at 850mV runing at 1860MHz and one locked at 912mV running at 1960mV. I switch between them depending on game. I honestly barely hear any coil sound running these settings.
    If voltage is locked the GPU doesn't go above setup limit and at these values it runs without issues on my end.
    Have you noticed an increase in temperature, voltage or power limit on GPU side? I do remember out of the box my unit was like that. I even forgot about I guess because it doesn't do it anymore, not as agressive at least.

6. wilpang

wilpang Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
  7. rmillsg703

rmillsg703 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Hi everyone, I had a WiFi problem this morning, it just wasn't an option in windows 10, tried reinstalling driver, system restore ect! It was code 10 error, after googling I found out it can happen on any WiFi update for this model WiFi chip, only way to fix it is to load up the bios and to do a restore defaults in the bios!

Idk if this was to do with me downloading new cod all dya yesterday or not, but simple fix to keep in mind incase it happens :)

Sent from my LYA-L09 using Tapatalk

hmscott likes this.