*** ASUS ROG G703GX-XS71 Owner's Lounge ***

Discussion in 'ASUS Reviews and Owners' Lounges' started by Spartan, Jan 9, 2019.

1. Scorpik

Scorpik Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Well Fire Strike loop done and Pc is still alive :D

2. rmillsg703

rmillsg703 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I used the Asus Rog benchmark 'realbench' and done a stress test for 15 mins when I got mine, with hwmonitor open you can see it did max GPU on everything

3. Scorpik

Reputations:
    Thanks
    What CPU you have and what is the temperatures during the test please ?
    Thanks

4. rmillsg703

Reputations:
    I've got the 8750h (repasted with mx-4, not LM) and it hits 83c, I if I run it for 1 hour on that test, it hits 87c, which I thought was quite good for it

Edit:
    GPU hit about 65c after 15 mins, think it was 70ish after a hour but wasn't monitoring that so can't say for sure, GPU is rtx2080

5. cucubits

cucubits Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    My 8750H with LM and limited to 3.2Ghz very rarely sees above 70C. This is in games, I don't really run benchmarks anymore.

6. Scorpik

Reputations:
    Thanks for info,

I am little bit hotter , most of CPU doing stress test is around 89 C but two - three goin to 91-92 C , thinking to undervoltage them and lock them at 4.5 or 4.6 GHz.
    I have another question , randomly during playing a game or just using the PC the Aura Lighting stop working, if I go to setting and try reset it or change the “style” nothing happen, if I reset PC everything is again ok and working well , any ID how to fix it please ?
    Thanks

7. cucubits

cucubits Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    I've had this happen only once when armoury crate did some updating on its own in the background. I think the software controlling the lights is still quite buggy. If a restart fixes it, probably it's nothing too bad.

8. rmillsg703

Reputations:
    Is that the i9? We got i7! So I'd expect the i9 to be hotter!

As for the aura lights, literally every time I update windows I get bloody problems! It's now got the Armoury crate and a aura program (new installed yesterday automatically by crate) for changing key colours but I don't use either!

In the windows store there is an Rog aura app which is compatible with g703gl and other models but not g703gx/r but if you install it anyway, it works perfectly, that's what I use! After every windows update when crate don't work, just open that, set it up again, click save, no problems until next windows update!

9. Scorpik

Reputations:
    Hello all,

Yes that I9 ,
    Not the bad , but the 92 C is not a sweet spot at all, if I can I would like keep it under 80 what I know is impossible so at least I will try keep it under 90 :)
    Can I uses throtlestop if I still plane use the Armory please ?
    Thanks

10. sniffin

sniffin Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    You won't keep it under 80c without reducing clocks and voltage. If it's not throttling, I wouldn't worry too much about it. People are paranoid about temps, but there's no scientific basis for that fear. When people say 90c is too hot for example, they actually have no information that supports that statement. They are rated to high run that hot, and in reality, 92c is a measure of the hottest part of the core, not the entire core. As we saw with Vega, hotspots on GPUs can hit 110c. It's fine. The only people on the planet who actually know how hot is too hot are the engineers, and according to them, it's not too hot.

edit: Armory uses XTU so I would stick to XTU, not TS.

Last edited: Sep 8, 2019