*** ASUS ROG G703GX-XS71 Owner's Lounge ***

Discussion in 'ASUS Reviews and Owners' Lounges' started by Ultra Male, Jan 9, 2019.

1. rmillsg703

rmillsg703 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    LM is perfect you shouldn't have any heat issues, mine didn't have LM and was very very hot, just repasted (not LM) which brought it down comfertably!

If you haven't undervolted or messed with anything, I would think with such little use there shouldn't be any problems with hardware!

Mine was very similar to yours on the one display, but on the external monitor it flashed lines and was crazy, but was usable enough to actually do something with it to fix it!

Try external monitor and let me know how you get on :)

2. rmillsg703

Reputations:
    Also I never made it boot from Nvidia, infact I didn't know you could do that! Mine just uses intel and I set the programs to automatically boot using Nvidia graphics processer (simply right click on program icon and select), and that's had no issues on mine so maybe try that and try booting a game and see if that works?

3. Scorpik

Scorpik Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Well the problem is mine don’t boot,
    I stop somewhere where the windows start load and whole loop happen again

4. rmillsg703

Reputations:
    But it will boot into the bios and screen is fine in there?

5. Scorpik

Reputations:
    Well is definitely GPU, if I boot on battery or one PSU I can use the CPU, overclock the CPU or whatever I wanna and I still have GPU on or off, If is on frequency is very low, in the moment i connect PSU to GPU mine whole system collapse:(

6. Scorpik

Reputations:
    Update
    As well when the primary GPU is the Intel GPU I can have connect bot PSU ( no harm ) , that because the GPU don’t suck any power if is disabled , to this look more like MOFOS power issues then a VRAM issues, anyway is nothing what I can fix , need go to RMA :(
    I am really disappointment lads , I bough this for lots of money and “****” like this happen

7. sniffin

sniffin Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    You can change it to non-Optimus mode in Armory Crate.

8. Scorpik

Reputations:
    Question please

Did anyone of you lads ever use Asus Repair Service at Europe ? This one is going to Uk , anyone have any experience with it please ?
    Is there any better warranty service somewhere else ? I am really worried that this “expensive pig” will be useless after come back from the Service center, because the LM job is normally done by Machine at Factory and I am not sure if I get the LM job back :(
    I am maybe just “paranoid” but this is expensive machine and I am really sad about it .
    I other hand , I have Asus for decade and newer broke down, I had like 10 of them all , PCs , Laptops and it never had any issue , just small thinks like paste job after year or two but that’s all .
    Thanks for any advice, everything is better then nothing.

Regards
    S.

Last edited: Aug 3, 2019
  9. rmillsg703

Reputations:
    I'm sure Asus will do a good job! I had an Asus tf300t UK model (android tablet with keyboard dock) back in the day, anyway one day I woke up and the screen came on and off randomly, I took it back and it was fixed within 2 days (via Currys or possibly just before comet closed?) So I guess they sent to Asus but I don't know for sure!

Also I have seen the Optimus mode in armoury crate and clicked it a couple times, I have no idea which setting it's on now I didn't see any performance differance, in Nvidia control panel I set to prefer max performance or something, that made steadier fps

10. sniffin

sniffin Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    If it says "discrete" on the GPU switch, you're in G-sync mode, otherwise it will say Optimus :)

Optimus incurs a performance hit, so if you're always plugged in I'd definitely recommend G-sync mode.