*** ASUS ROG G703GX-XS71 Owner's Lounge ***

Discussion in 'ASUS Reviews and Owners' Lounges' started by Ultra Male, Jan 9, 2019.

1. rmillsg703

rmillsg703 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    The link you sent must be a different area of website, if you Google Asus Rog g703 drivers and then choose gx it has the following screen shot[​IMG]

OvidiuM and cucubits like this.
  2. cucubits

cucubits Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Wow, ASUS website really is a mess. It worked as you said and there I see 304 bios.

If I do it the way I did it first (google g703gx bios) it gives very similar website with no 304 there. Very strange.

Also no proper changelog, as usually.

This works, just select the model and OS, and it shows latest versions:
    https://www.asus.com/us/Laptops/ROG-G703/HelpDesk_Download/

This is very similar but only bios 302 is shown after selecting the model:
    https://www.asus.com/us/supportonly/G703GX/HelpDesk_Download/

OvidiuM likes this.
  3. senso

senso Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Both links show the 304 version on my side..

The second one has both 304 and 302 BIOS.

4. cucubits

cucubits Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Ok, thanks for checking. I'll see if I get the same on a different machine too... maybe my browser needs some cleanup.

5. OvidiuM

OvidiuM Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    It is a shame we don't have a change log from one version to another.
    From what I've seen everything seems to be working the same.

On a side note, I followed your recomendation to use K5-Pro thermal paste for Vram and other heat sensitive areas. For the GPU and CPU dies I went with Phobya Nanogrease Extreme 16W/mk. It's thicker thak Kryounat and may have a better spread on laptop uneven heatsinks. Temps do not go above 70c and fan speed stays at 50%. Best results so far. Hopefully Phobya has longer life and doesn't start degrading or drying out too fast. I am planing to not repasting again in near future.
    But yeah, that K5-Pro does great work transfering heat. Wish I knew thermal pad size for vrams and other areas.
    I do not like the mess these pastes make under the heatsink

6. rmillsg703

Reputations:
    Just turned my computer on and it is upgrading to bios 304, but it's actually dates the 29/5/19? after other updates for bios it restarted about 4 or 5 times, after this one it restarted a good 15 times all at different points of bios booting process, got a little twitchy! But after 15 mins or so it all seems to be working well!

7. irfan wikaputra

irfan wikaputra Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Guys and Girls, I just recently purchase this beast as well, the one with pedestrian i7=8750H
    After reading most of the threads, I came to conclusion to share with you all fellow owners of G703GX

1. Armoury crate is not necessary, without it, I am doing fine and temps are also okay
    2. Synthetic results and gaming are faster without Armoury Crates
    3. Undervolting CPU is fine without Armoury Crates
    4. In fact, my results are top notch among those with I7-8750H and RTX 2080 (can't compete with those who has desktop/unlocked processor)
    5. My settings are : CPU : -125 mV for core and cache, while iGPU I kept it -30 mV. for GPU : +175 core and +520 Memory (1040 Mhz)
    6. Cinebench R11.5 CPU 13.75 points is the highest, it will hover between 13.40 - 13.70ish after several runs

This laptop is a beast and its only weakness is the single core performance, but beyond that, if given faster RAM, it may compensate.

https://www.3dmark.com/spy/7705518

https://www.3dmark.com/pr/116259

https://www.3dmark.com/fs/19793840
    Port Royale.JPG Firestrike.JPG C11.5.jpg
    3dmark11.PNG Timespy.jpg

rmillsg703 likes this.
  8. rmillsg703

Reputations:
    What temps are you getting? Some of the pictures will not load for some reason!, And link isn't working, I'll try it on mine later and see how it performs!

9. irfan wikaputra

irfan wikaputra Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    CPU is hovering around 70 - 82 max during gaming

GPU never goes above 70

All these with stock paste, kinda scared to apply LM since I am a noob.

Strange, link is working fine on my browser, anyhow you can look up to results in 3DMark for timespy, port royal and firestrike and you will see my steam username RigaldOsmond.

10. rmillsg703

Reputations:
    I was also scared to use liquid metal so I used artic mx-4, I'm getting similar temps to you but I have not undervolted anything as of yet! Link worked on computer, for some reason my phone wouldn't have it :/ if you do reapste, ensure you re-do all the vrm ect around it aswell! Might consider trying undervolt this afternoon, and removing armoury see my results :)