*** ASUS ROG G703GX-XS71 Owner's Lounge ***

Discussion in 'ASUS Reviews and Owners' Lounges' started by Ultra Male, Jan 9, 2019.

1. cucubits

cucubits Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Good idea, I'll try that too. I've been playing Witcher 3 a lot right before getting the new laptop, I just have to copy it over and run it.

I do hope I won't have to touch the GPU voltage curve as the way it is now, it helps lower the temp by a good 4-5C compared to stock settings.

minc3 likes this.
  2. minc3

minc3 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    One thing I noticed about witcher 3 is, it’s super sensitive with undervolt or overclock. Many posted about the issue. Crash n etc. Ironically my cpu load is max 30%? Gpu load around 60-80% so i don’t understand why is it affected

3. MikeTLB

MikeTLB Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    minc3 likes this.
  4. OvidiuM

OvidiuM Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Does anyone know the pad thickness size for vram?
    Also which driver version is it best to install from nvidia site, mobil or desktop one?

5. minc3

minc3 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    No idea about pad size as i just reapply thermal paste.

Nvidia driver, just download the nvidia experience and scan for any updates.

6. cucubits

Reputations:
    Also, try to go for K5 Pro or similar thicker thermal paste. It'll help not make a mess.

OvidiuM likes this.
  7. OvidiuM

Reputations:
    Thanks.
    I installed desktop version of the GPU driver.
    I don't use GeForce experience.
    Seems to work fine with this driver.
    As for the thermal pads I tried 1mm thickness but it did not fit very good.
    I will try K5 Pro.
    I don't like using thermal paste for vram. Makes everything messy

8. OvidiuM

Reputations:
    Has anyone experience artifacts?
    Yesterday while I was playing Metro Exodus I got some artifacts in the desert area at night time. Enemies had flashlights on and as soon as I killed them artifacts dissapeared. I am thinking it was maybe just some conflict with the light rendering.
    I will test some more to see if it happens again.
    The temps were in the high 70's and the GPU clock dropped aboit 200 Mhz to 1800Mhz clock.

9. cucubits

Reputations:
    I haven't seen anything like this but I haven't reached the desert yet.

Can you replicate these artifacts and maybe save a screenshot?

10. Scorpik

Scorpik Newbie

Reputations:
    Hello,

I am new at this forum and read lots of thins for last 3 days.
    I have a question and hope you guys can help me. I am really interest to buy a Alienware area 51M but after what I read on Alienware Area 51 M Thread I didn't order anything yet. I am from Europe and Dell have today 14 percent discount till 31 May 2019, so i can get Alienware Area 51M in full spec I9 9900K + RTX 2080 + 32 GB Ram 2400 Mhz + other thins for around 4000 Euros, but I am not sure now how bad is the Alienware motherboard problem and I thinking about Asus Rog G703GXR

https://www.asus.com/us/Laptops/ROG-G703/Tech-Specs/
    I had Asus laptops for last 10 years as well Asus Gaming Pc's, I am very happy with them, but of curse after some time they need repaste and other stuff to keep the temperature in limits, but never at all I didn't see that one of mine Asus burn out.
    So what you think guys, you already own Asus Rog G703 , do you thing that the new Asus G703GXR with I9 9980HK and Liquid Metal will be great option for me? Is again a 4000+ Euros Laptop and really what make me sad is the Screen Bezels, second think what I worried is that how is the chassis are, I know Alienware have Magnesium Alloy but Asus have Aluminum, now dont really know with one is better and i did read a lot of it.
    So please if you can help me I will be so happy, hope I post it to correct topic because at this point is look I will be another Asus G703 owner soon.
    Thanks a lot.

Have a nice evening :)
    Regards
    Scorpik