*** ASUS ROG G703GX-XS71 Owner's Lounge ***

Discussion in 'ASUS Reviews and Owners' Lounges' started by Ultra Male, Jan 9, 2019.

1. minc3

minc3 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    I am currently working so can’t snap any photos at the moment. However, here is a guide from Bob. My graph is almost the same. Just make sure you smooth out the graph on the left instead of allowing it to spike.

cucubits likes this.
  2. cucubits

cucubits Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Ok, testing with something like this:

upload_2019-5-1_15-29-18.png

minc3 likes this.
  3. minc3

Reputations:
  4. minc3

Reputations:
    Did you stress test it? Gaming? How’s the stability? I can see thats around 0.830+? It will be great if your gpu can stabilise at that low volt.

5. minc3

Reputations:
    I did tried to oc mine to slightly more than 2k mhz @1.0v but i dont like the temp. Lol. Although 1.0v is technically lower than my stock voltage.

6. cucubits

Reputations:
    For now just one round (about 20 mins) of Ring of Elysium. GPU usually stayed at around 75C but now it seemed to be stable a bit lower. Need more game time to make sure.

7. minc3

Reputations:
    Yeap. U need sometime to test the stability of undervolt. Let it get some real heatsoak. And game for a few hours.

How i test mine? I just idle in the BF V menu. If its unstable, its just gonna crash out after 15-30 mins. My gpu is running at 99% in the menu itself. Lol imo better than all those stress test that I’ve been through.

I said so as my past experience is running stress test for hours and it appears to be stable until i start gaming. Crash nonstop and i get fed up. I even noticed it crash when idling in the menu when i am away for less than 15min. As such, i started to use the “menu” as a new stress test for stability instead. So far, It never fail me. No crash during gaming or whatsoever.

8. cucubits

Reputations:
    You know, I noticed this too in other games. The menu completely kills the GPU and when the game starts loading, it all goes quiet :) Wonder why.

9. minc3

Reputations:
    LOL, that shows that the undervolt is too low. Bump up in 0.025v and try bit by bit until you reach the borderline

10. minc3

Reputations:
    @cucubits so i bought 2 sets of mini copper heatsink + fujipoly extreme ultra thermal pad for it. put few of those mini copper heatsinks on the cpu / gpu heat pipes. I even took it on and off at least 3 times and my conclusion is it's gonna interfere with our cooling system. I noticed that it took some time to cool down after gaming. Maybe it causes heat soak in that entire area? since there's no direct air flow there. LOL. Anyway, at least i tried.

You might want to monitor your temp as well. it might be different from mine since I am abit greedy. I put 4 on cpu heat pipes, 4 on gpu heat pipes, 2 on the gpu vrm area. LOL:rolleyes: