Asus ROG Chimera G703

Discussion in 'ASUS Gaming Notebook Forum' started by sicily428, Aug 29, 2017.

1. Unstoppable36SG

Unstoppable36SG Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Thank you for those too! I'll check maybe on the Asus forums for an archive for VI.

And I used DDU to uninstall the Nvidia Driver and Realtek audio drivers, the problem persisted. The other solutions online for similar problems didn't apply to my laptop so far.

2. Unstoppable36SG

Unstoppable36SG Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Regarding the RAM upgrade... I need to remove the ram from the slot that's beneath the motherboard. I've contacted Asus about it, they've told me of a local Asus-certified service and also let me know that it there will be a price to pay for it, as it is not a warranty problem, but an user choice. It costs 30 euro.

Have your model arrived with 2x16gb ram? I bought for mine a duo of 16gb HyperX 2400 CL14 and intend to only have them in the laptop for the dual channel.

With all 3 sticks, the ram operates at 2133 mhz. I didn't receive a definitive answer whether it does void the warranty to remove that stick.

Last edited: Apr 18, 2019
  3. Frencho

Frencho Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Last edited: Apr 24, 2019
    hmscott likes this.
  4. lamus

lamus Newbie

Reputations:
    Hi guys.

I'm looking for warranty sitckers, Any ideas?

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

5. PredatoR_TR

PredatoR_TR Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
  6. PredatoR_TR

Reputations:
    Something interesting happened to me.

I downloaded new BIOS and it was in my Downloads folder within RAR file. After a few days when switch on my computer, the new BIOS update has started by itself at the startup and installed successfully. No idea why it has happened.

hmscott likes this.
  7. hmscott

hmscott Notebook Nobel Laureate

Reputations:
    Did you extract and copy the new BIOS to another top level root directory on another disk, the C drive, or a USB drive? Those are the usual places to place a new BIOS for update.

Do you have any firmware installation software - or automatic updates software installed - Asus has a few historically, check your installed Asus software for the culprit.

There is also the Asus USB "flashback" port - USB device with BIOS file at top level at boot will auto update the BIOS found in the root of the USB device - or by pressing the flashback button.

Last edited: Jun 25, 2019
    Papusan and PredatoR_TR like this.
  8. PredatoR_TR

Reputations:
    No, the BIOS file was in the RAR. Have never touched it after I downloaded. It was located in C:/My downloads basically.

Winflash is installed in my computer but haven't done anything with it since the previous BIOS update.

Luckily it installed correctly without any error or something and I use my computer without any problem with the latest BIOS.

hmscott likes this.
  9. hmscott

hmscott Notebook Nobel Laureate

Reputations:
    Maybe you were "Sleep-Installing", an installambulist? After a long day of work you had an Installer-Blackout? Or, perhaps a random attack from the BIOS-Update-Burglar? :D

It's unlikely it happened on it's own without assistance from an external force...

You could try down-revving to the older BIOS and see if it happens again...

Papusan likes this.
  10. sniffin

sniffin Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    These latest BIOS updates were for security. ASUS pushed them through Windows Update for lots of ROG notebooks. That’s how it installed.

Papusan and hmscott like this.