Asus RMA experience and my rights

Discussion in 'ASUS Gaming Notebook Forum' started by PredatoR_TR, Apr 3, 2018.

1. Ifrin

Ifrin Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Before I send laptop for 4th RMA, I'm going to contact store and try to convinced them to issue a refund.
    I'm also thinking about filling official complain, with Attorney General office in my State.

hmscott likes this.
  2. hmscott

hmscott Notebook Nobel Laureate

Reputations:
    Again, sorry to hear that worked out this way for you. It's not easy to live with, and it's also going to take a lot of energy to continue and work through.

Which store did you purchase it from?

Usually a store credit is easier to get than a full cash refund, something to consider if they have another make / model you would be happy with. Maybe they can pull one from inventory you can check out before you take it home.

Or the store can get involved with the RMA / Asus replacement lacking a refund option, and get Asus to replace your laptop.

Ifrin likes this.
  3. Ifrin

Reputations:
    MicroCenter store manager told me, that they can't do anything now until Asus extends my factory warranty (warranty ended while laptop was in service for 3rd RMA). So, I'm waiting for Asus response, if they say no to extension, laptop will go for many RMA's as necessary, until finally their "zombie workers" learn how to fix laptop properly.

hmscott likes this.
  4. PredatoR_TR

PredatoR_TR Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Hi

I am sorry to hear you have experienced that much problems. Fingers crossed for you.

Regarding my situation, as you know I sent my laptop to the Netherlands for the final check and they diagnosed the problems I have faced and Asus accepted to buy my laptop back. There are some administrative stuff going on so the retailer will provide me either the successor of the product, store credit or cash back. I am waiting the final contact to be sure. I hope I wont receive any surprises but so far so good. It seems Asus Europe is more reliable than Asus US.

hmscott likes this.
  5. Ifrin

Reputations:
    Thanx, good luck to you to. My advice, take the money and run (from Asus products).
    My laptop is going for 4th RMA, they refused extend warranty. Maybe they don't pay their workers and FexEx for shipping, so RMA is better deal for them.
    But, because of that, they got one very "pissed off" costumer...
    [​IMG]

6. Ifrin

Reputations:
    My "horror story" with Asus service continues...
    Got email from Asus today, that I have to pay for 4th RMA (because my warranty runs out).
    I have to spend almost two hours (on calls/emails) to straiten their brains out (in Customer Service) , so they understand, that laptop is back in service, because their Repair Center incompetence/negligence.
    To everybody reading this thread: Please give yourself a favor, don't buy anything from this sh*** company, because if breaks, there's a big chance that you will go thru "hellhole called Asus Customer Service" (and it's painful).
    [​IMG]

Atma likes this.
  7. PredatoR_TR

PredatoR_TR Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    If a retailer would give you an option to choose between Asus G703GI and MSI GT75 8RG as a replacement, what would you do?

8. Vaardu

Vaardu Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Was going to chime in with my G752VT's keyboard experience. Asus didn't care, claimed it was customer damage, not a fault because the key popped off and BROKE. That, and the audio is garbage and I have to use an external card for audio. Asus didn't honour my warranty, so I'm 100% avoiding them and spent £160 for a new keyboard which is atrociously priced and just godawful considering the entire top chassis is a board as well. If anything I should be compensated for replacing the part myself because Asus doesn't understand the concept of quality control most of the time.

If you're going to install a keyboard, make it a seperate unit and a serviceable part...

9. Ifrin

Reputations:
    I'll take money or store credit (if this option is available) and wait, for new revised versions (with better cooling) of laptops with Intel 6-core CPU's. Now they run hot and loud.

10. Clintlgm

Clintlgm Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Well, Yes, my keyboard lighting has no issue and I have no noticeable bleed not in normal use. I have no issue with my keyboard at all. When I first got it I had a loose keycap. I set it back into place and for 1 1/2 year now no more issues. I don't think you can compare a G752VY to G701