Asus notebook keys, v1.3

Discussion in 'Asus' started by NP_, Aug 2, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GforceNL

GforceNL Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
  2. daemon82

daemon82 Newbie

Reputations:
  3. Jorlin

Jorlin Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    I tried this software on my VX2s (Vista 32bit). It cannot synchronize with the notebook keys.
    In the ATK0100 within the windows folder does not contain anything here. The HCcontrol.exe is located in a folder called "c:\program files\ATK Hotkey".

Is there any chance to make this thing run under vista and these key settings?

4. NP_

NP_ Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Jorlin, please add folder "ATK Hotkey" to archive (.zip, .rar, etc) and upload to rapidshare.com, and gimme the link. I have to look with disassembler to that Vista files first to try to make AsusNbKeys work for you.

5. Hello-

Hello- Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Wow, I think Asus users have been asking for this function for 1-2 years since the last editor thing stopped working.

Thanks a lot Mr. NP_ !!!

6. Jorlin

Reputations:
    @NP:
    Thanks in advance!
    Here is the link ATK_Hotkey.rar
    The file contains everything that is included in the folder.

Thanks in advance for having a look - I appreciate your help and efforts. If you can make this work with Vista and this version of ATK, I am sure that a lot of the latest ASUS customers will be very happy :) ... including me :D

7. Nuta

Nuta Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Awsome progrma, im on c90s and it works great on vista x86, just one thing, can you make it possible to edit the execute file option, like when i press my email key I would really like to open gmail in firefox,so it would look like ( C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe "http://mail.google.com/" )for it. I tried linking it to the url shortcut but i didnt seem to work either :(. so im stuck with a bat file atm which is stupid cause of the CP that always pops up. SO if you can implement that , it would be greatly appreciated, Thanks Again

8. NP_

NP_ Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Jorlin, I had a look to that files. Seems to be that everything should work OK. Please do:
    1) Check if HControl.exe is running (use Task Manager, processes tab). If it's running then it's OK.
    2) Check whether AsusNbKeys.exe is also running. If it's running skip 3 and go to 4.
    3) Start AsusNbKeys.exe (*not* AsusNbKeysCtrl.exe!) and wait for 4 minutes (it can give an error during this period of time). After that check whether AsusNbKeys.exe is also running, it must be running OK now.
    4) Start AsusNbKeysCtrl.exe and make your set up.

That "Can't sync..." error occures if AsusNbKeys is not running while you're trying to add some new event handler via AsusNbKeysCtrl. I can suppose that you just forgot to start it or it had crashed with some error.

Please report any errors.

--

Nuta, I'll add options line in a day or two (I have lots of things to do now for my boss).

9. Jorlin

Reputations:
    :D Working like a charm. I not sure what the reason was. Maybe I just forgot to run AsusNbKeys :rolleyes:
    Thanks mate - I am very happy now :D

10. Hello-

Hello- Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Problem discovered under windows xp:

Whenever I resume from hibernate/standby the keys will revert to default. The asusnbkeys.exe process will still be running.

It starts working again once I manually start another process of asusnbkeys. The process which uses less memory is the older non-working one which can be killed in windows task manager.

Hope this info can help you fix this problem.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.