* Asus N61JQ Owners Lounge *

Discussion in 'ASUS Reviews and Owners' Lounges' started by GregW, Feb 3, 2010.

1. littleone562

littleone562 Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Thank you Ken, would love if you could request this.

2. stevedogg

stevedogg Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    You were right. I still couldn't see 253 and 254 on the white saturation chart with contrast at 92, so I bumped it up a little until I could barely see 252. I'm using 95 for contrast. I lowered the blue gamma to 0.55 afterward (from 0.6), because lowering contrast seemed to blue-ify the screen again :p

3. narcoticx2

narcoticx2 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    And the n61ja!

4. 2MNY

2MNY Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    I found with your gamma settings, if you push the contrast and saturation up greys actually turn a green to greenish brown.

5. mike2010

mike2010 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    I have an other core 2 duo T5600 laptop with exactly the same system and soft than my N61JQ. T5600 run idle "cold" where my N61JQ is very very very hot in same way.

I think the i7 cpu have serious heat problem... and ATI gpu too...what do you think about that ? It looks like I bought and heating system !!!!

6. Donald@HIDevolution

Donald@HIDevolution Company Representative

Reputations:
    To understand the heat issue you need to compare the wattage of both laptops.

Your T5600 is a 34W processor where the i7-720 is a 45W processor. Now, you didn't mention what video card you have in your other laptop, but, and I am just guessing here based on it having the T5600 low end processor, I would guess it is an integrated video solution like the Intel 4500.

If that is so, than add approximately 25 more Watts for the video card.

So, have you ever tried to touch a 40W light bulb after it has been on a few minutes?

Your ASUS N61JQ-A1 should not be "hot to the touch" to where your hand would recoil from the heat, but you should expect more heat than what you are used to from your old laptop. The good thing about the ASUS N61JQ-A1 is that its thermal solution is really quite good as you can tell by the amount of warmth that is coming out of your exhaust vent on the left side.

7. daniel_san

daniel_san Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I don't think the heat is an issue.My cpu stay in idle at 55-60 degrees and gpu 49-52-56-58 degrees also in idle and 70-75 cpu 65-68 gpu in games. If you will check the lenovo y560/y460 lounge you will see very high temps like 105-110 degrees cpu and 95 GPu while gaming(same configuration-5730 and core i7-720qm)
    Advice:Buy a cooler.
    P.S: The warranty is for 2 years. I thnk asus designed this asus for long time use.

8. Zzyzx85

Zzyzx85 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    mike2010, sounds like you're kinda new to the whole laptops and computers scene (or you're trolling, to which I say "good luck" and "good bye"). First you compared a PS3 to a laptop in terms of graphics. Now you compare a upper low range dual-core to a middle high-range quad core in terms of heat. The two systems you are comparing are not "exactly the same" even if the software installed are the same.

9. mike2010

mike2010 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    No, its just because I have a PS3 and T5600 laptop... :)
    About PS3 and N61JQ I'm sure that our 5730 drivers can do better for HDMI out... (I hope):D

10. rcanas

rcanas Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Hello ALL

After a month I am ready for some good gaming, So far two games installed CS Source through Steam and an OOOOLD game WarCraft 3 Reign Of Chaos funny but fun. Just wanted some recommendations on a real good FPS or Warcraft 3 type game to purchase that is worth the price and takes advantage of the hardware, not a fan of WOW.

Thanks