Asus N61JQ Drivers & Support Thread.

Discussion in 'ASUS Reviews and Owners' Lounges' started by SteelCity1981, Sep 18, 2013.

1. Meaker@Sager

Meaker@Sager Company Representative

Reputations:
    Make sure your wireless/bluetooth device is switched on (usually a switch or keyboard combo).

2. nk1001

nk1001 Newbie

Reputations:
    wifi works mean i turn it on

3. tez

tez Newbie

Reputations:
    Dear ASUS N61JQ users. I'm a bit confused about the current graphic driver version. I'm using Windows7 with Catalyst 13.4, and some new games are keep telling me that my graphic driver is old. Which version of Catalyst is the latest and stable for our laptop? (without blackscreen issue)

4. tez

tez Newbie

Reputations:
    BUMP!

5. bsvols

bsvols Newbie

Reputations:
    Keepin' Alive!

6. tez

tez Newbie

Reputations:
    No one gives a **** on this topic anymore

7. RuutB

RuutB Newbie

Reputations:
    I have an Asus N61jq computer and recently added extra RAM and although its an old laptop, it performance very well.

Back in April, I upgraded to Windows 10. Everything works fine. A few days later I get this blue screen:
    [​IMG]
    containing the error code VIDEO DXGKRNL FARAL ERROR. I was unable to load the windows desktop. I rolled back to windows 7 and everything was fine.

Mid July, I again upgraded to Windows 10. Everything was working fine. After two weeks, I went on a 3 week holiday. When I came back again the same error. Unfortunately now I can not roll back to windows 7 since 30 days have passed.

I am stuck in this blue screen and can for example not disable or upgrade any video drivers. Any ideas how to fix this?

8. Vlad_The_Unknown

Vlad_The_Unknown Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I recently had to reinstall windows 7 and update all the drivers. I had trouble to install the video drivers Catalyst 13.4 due to the driver's signature being unexplainably unrecognized. So I tried to install the Radeon Crimsom drivers 16.2.1 (non-whql-64bit-nieg-radeon-crimson-16.2.1-win10-win8.1-win7-feb27 from AMD website) and succeeded. To fix the black screen problem I applied the backlight fix from Shpati, setting "KMD_EnableBrightnessInterface2" to "1". My Windows score for GPU and graphics increased both to 6.9.

9. Vlad_The_Unknown

Vlad_The_Unknown Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Do you still have the recovery DVDs with Windows 7? You may try using those to get back Win 7 by doing a factory reset, hoping that there won't be license activation issues.