Asus N61JQ Drivers & Support Thread.

Discussion in 'ASUS Reviews and Owners' Lounges' started by SteelCity1981, Sep 18, 2013.

1. whimZ

whimZ Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
  2. Photon-Phoenix

Photon-Phoenix Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    After doing a bit of searching, the driver mentioned there is a Fujitsu camera driver for Azureware/Sonix cameras which had to be installed by running the snp2uvc.inf file in the Driver folder of the package. What is not stated however is what model that ASUS laptop is, so the chance of it working is 50/50 but worth a shot. Driver manager may need to be used to manually install the driver.

The package listed in that thread can found here: http://support.ts.fujitsu.com/downl...wareGUID=944783CF-D084-4DB1-88A3-D53E0F2A15EA

If installation is successful, the registry would need to be edited for the flip value as it will still show an upside down video otherwise. Our flipped camera problem is caused by ASUS physically installing the camera upside down.

whimZ likes this.
  3. whimZ

Reputations:
    Any chance you could advise how to run the .inf file and then manually install the driver?

Again, could you outine how to open the registry file, search for the Flip 'string' edit and save

Us Noobs would appreciate it!

4. Photon-Phoenix

Reputations:
    To run the .inf file, all you would need to do is double click it. This should install the driver unless there is an error. As for device/driver manager if the inf file gave an error during installation or you just want to check the installed driver of the webcam, right click This PC or My Computer and select manage. In the left panel, click device manager. From device manager, find imaging devices then open the tree. Your webcam should be located here. To check the installed driver, right click the webcam and select properties then go to the driver tab in the window that appears. If installed correctly, the driver version should be exactly or close to 6.0.1223.1 and manufactured by Sonix or Fujitsu. (I have not installed this driver so I don't know pin point specifics of what it will output.) If not, right click your webcamera and select "Update driver". Select browse for driver software. Point the browser to the folder containing the driver package then hit next. This should install the drivers.

As for the registry, do a search in your start menu (or the cortana bar) for regedit.exe. This will open up an editor for your computer's registry. You navigate this just as you would windows explorer's folder view. From here, go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Class\{6bdd1fc6-810f-11d0-bec7-08002be2092f}\0000\

In the \0000\ "folder" there should be two other "folders" named Settings and DefaultSettings. Find the values named "Flip" in both of these folders and right click them and hit "modifiy" and set it to 1. No need for saving as all edits are saved automatically. Exit regedit.exe and test your webcam. If no changes are seen, restart your computer and try again, sometimes registry and driver edits need a reboot.

Last edited: Aug 23, 2015
    whimZ likes this.
  5. whimZ

Reputations:
    Thanks for the instructions - unfortunately did not work for my N61JQ rig, but maybe someone else's can use the Sonix driver

Was able to locate/modify the Flip values, .. But my Camera app returned "Something went wrong" etc

Last edited: Aug 28, 2015
  6. Shpati

Shpati Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Anybody got a good ATK On screen display driver? When I switch power options, I don't see an icon to help me know which power plan i'm on. And when I switch displays (Laptop LCD and HDMI), it doesn't show an icon to which I'm switching too.

7. Photon-Phoenix

Reputations:
    Windows 7 started to crash and burn on me since it wouldn't kill processes anymore and after 2 days of being on it would lock up. Updated to Windows 10 tonight and it seems Windows 10 has had some compatibility fixes in the past month as I'm currently running Realtek 6.0.1.6662 drivers with SRS Premium sound enabled. These drivers were auto detected.

upload_2015-9-4_3-43-56.png

Doing a quick search, I've found these exact drivers here:

http://dlcdnet.asus.com/pub/ASUS/nb/Drivers/Audio/Audio_Realtek_Win7_64_Z6016662.zip

It seems the stock Windows 7 ControlDeck.exe works for on-screen notification of Fn keys such as switching displays and power settings

upload_2015-9-4_3-45-20.png

Edit: Maybe not stock, I'll try and find the correct version.
    Edit2: Found the ATK package version my laptop uses. It's not controldeck based but has the same icons and purpose.

http://dlcdnet.asus.com/pub/ASUS/nb/Drivers/ATKPackage/ATKPackage_WIN7_32_WIN7_64_z100004.zip

This is V1.0.0004, a list of all versions can be found here incase a different version is needed (early window 8 ASUS laptops used V1.0.0005 and V1.0.0006):

http://support.asus.com/Download.aspx?SLanguage=en&m=ATK_package&os=30

There seems to be a package on the first post of this thread as well.

Also, proof of Windows 10 incase anyone was offput by the colored title bars, which are a small Windows 10 tweak:

upload_2015-9-4_3-47-34.png

My Webcam driver is working as well, flipped the correct direction. As Ashley stated:

http://dlcdnet.asus.com/pub/ASUS/nb...amera_Azurewave_VS010_Win7_64_Z5855133208.zip

These drivers seem to work properly when extracted and PNPINST64.exe is ran. I didn't have to edit the registry either.

Currently I have a problem where I can't turn on and off my touchpad using the Fn-F9 key. Small gripe since there's an option to turn off the touchpad if a USB mouse is inserted and enable it when it's removed automatically but still...

Last edited: Sep 4, 2015
  8. Shpati

Shpati Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    I don't use the SRS at all. I believe I got working RealTek drivers from the actual RealTek site, which works awesomely.

I'm definitely going to use try those ATK Drivers you posted, Photon-Phoenix. My FN keys work, but I don't get the OSD when I switch displays.

I have the same problem with turning off the touchpad with the FN key. I got a working driver, which I think was from the first post of this thread, which was working great. But Windows 10 would install over it with an update and use their more generic driver. But like you said, it's not that big of a problem, since luckily we can still have the option to disable it when a USB mouse is plugged in.

Btw, can you link the tweak to get the colored bars on Windows 10? I love the design for Windows 10, but the white bars are just ugly.

9. Photon-Phoenix

Reputations:
  10. nk1001

nk1001 Newbie

Reputations:
    hi, i got this message when installing bluetooth driver, i just install a fresh windows 7 after 2 years, bluetooth was working good, please help me, wifi still works

[​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 29, 2015