Asus N61JQ Drivers & Support Thread.

Discussion in 'ASUS Reviews and Owners' Lounges' started by SteelCity1981, Sep 18, 2013.

1. Ron Viney

Ron Viney Newbie

Reputations:
    Thanks for the advice mate, saves me hours of grief installing stuff that doesn't work, and screwing my clean install up. Most appreciated.

As you are obviously skilled in this area, can you give me a heads up, for sites where I can safely download these drivers. I'm more than a bit sceptical of just downloading a driver from a Google search.

Ron

2. neonlight8

neonlight8 Newbie

Reputations:
    Hi guys,

If you are interested in installing Windows 10 on N61JQ. Here's what driver works:-

Asus ATK package Windows 10 64bit
    http://support.asus.com/download.aspx?SLanguage=en&p=3&m=ATKPackage&hashedid=n/a

Elantech Touchpad Drivers
    Version 8.0.7.0 (take the Windows 8.1 drivers), on page 1

Renesas/NEC USB 3.0 Firmware model version (uPD720200) for ASUS N61JQ series.
    Version 3.0.34 WHQL

On page 1 of this thread
    The default Renesas drivers doesn't work on Windows 10, your USB3 port will be unable to recognise ANY USB devices plugged to it.

RealTek Audio Driver with SRS Premium Sound
    Use the Windows 10 driver from windows update for Realtek
    Unsure where to get SRS Premium added.

Another link for getting the driver
    http://www.realtek.com.tw/downloads...=3&GetDown=false#High Definition Audio Codecs

Web Cam Driver
    Lastly I have a Azurewave webcam, none of the Asus drivers will work on page one. The default Webcam driver from Microsoft flips the camera. Tried all versions the error is "something went wrong. Another app might be using the device". The same was happening on Windows 8.1

http://support.asus.com/Download.aspx?SLanguage=en&m=Camera&p=3&os=30

Intel Chipset Drivers
    Not needed Windows 10 comes with these

Any clues to fix the webcam? (yes I have tried the registry but no such setting as flip) this key doesn't exist HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Class\{6BDD1FC6-810F-11D0-BEC7-08002BE2092F}\0000\Settings

Would be nice to know how to get SRS premium addon

Last edited: Aug 10, 2015
    Ashley Povey likes this.
  3. Photon-Phoenix

Photon-Phoenix Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I cannot confirm this SRS control panel realtek driver will work as it was for another ASUS laptop when Windows 8 was released but it does have the SRS Premium Control panel included. (Which is now the DTS Premium Control Panel in newer devices since SRS has been aquired by DTS.)

Worth a shot, but not guaranteed to do anything: http://dlcdnet.asus.com/pub/ASUS/nb/DriversForWin8/Audio/Audio_Realtek_Win8_64_VER6016937.zip

Can confirm it contains the control panel IF it works, however. Resource hacker is handy.

Edit: As for fixing the webcam driver, that registry entry does not exist as you are not using the stock driver made by SONIX and provided by ASUS for Win 7. However, that registry key is a clue.

In the driver details of the webcam in Win 7, the option Driver Key gives the value
    {6bdd1fc6-810f-11d0-bec7-08002be2092f}\0000 This matches up with the value you were looking for. My guess is that the driver settings for the Windows driver you currently have installed has changed to the location of the new driver key value found under Device Manager -> Imaging Devices -> (Webcam) -> Properties -> Details Tab -> Driver Key. As such the registry entry you are looking for would be under HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Class\*NEW DRIVER KEY HERE*\[Settings(?)]

A flip value should be located around that area.

Last edited: Aug 10, 2015
  4. neonlight8

neonlight8 Newbie

Reputations:
    Hi Photon-Phoenix, that definitely helps I will see how I go with the above. I originally thought that because I do not have the ASUS webcam driver installed, and right now using the native webcam driver from Microsoft that's why I do not see that registry key to allow me to change the flip value.

Much appreciated with your suggestions. I will give it a shot!

5. Photon-Phoenix

Reputations:
    Any luck with either?

6. neonlight8

neonlight8 Newbie

Reputations:
    Webcam, what I found under Device Manager -> Imaging Devices -> (Webcam) -> Properties -> Details Tab -> Driver Key is:
    {6bdd1fc6-810f-11d0-bec7-08002be2092f}

[​IMG]

In registry, I can see HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Class\{6bdd1fc6-810f-11d0-bec7-08002be2092f}\0000 folder. But there's no value such as "Setting" or any tree under 0000 folder. So there's no value for "Flip", the key doesn't exist.

Since this is the generic Windows 10 USB Webcam driver I'm not sure if that Flip key or settings folder exist. It has other values inside \0000. See below.

[​IMG]

As for the Realtek SRS Premium. No it doesn't seem to install using that package. So I think I will just leave it as is. It's good enough

Last edited: Aug 15, 2015
  7. Photon-Phoenix

Reputations:
    The /0000 folder seems to give the description of what the driver is, much like it does with the SONIX Win 7 driver.

Could you take screenshots of the contents of Configuration, Instance, Variables, Properties and the subfolders of Variables? You may find what you're looking for there. (And Properties may give an error about being inaccessable, if so, skip the Properties folder.) Configuration is sometimes the settings folder as well as Variables. This is a different driver so the location of options are different, but they're definitely in the place you're currently looking.

8. Ashley Povey

Ashley Povey Newbie

Reputations:
    These drivers flipped my web cam back the correct way in Windows 10
    Camera_Azurewave_VS010_Win7_64_Z5855133208

9. Photon-Phoenix

Reputations:
  10. whimZ

whimZ Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Edit: Having backtracked in the thread I now see the 65% Brightness issue is seemingly generic fault for N61Jq architecture. Tracked back to Photon-Phoenix's advise
    http://forum.notebookreview.com/threads/asus-n61jq-owners-lounge.456659/page-940#post-10013379
    Has anyone success in editing the latest drivers 15.200.1046.2 from AMD using the method outlined?
    Not having ever used Registry Edit before, I would appreciate any advise in that regard!

-------------------
    Is anyone with Win 10 (64bit) installed on a N61Jq having problems with their ATI Mobility Radeon HD 5000 graphics card?
    If I adjust Brightness below 65% it goes to total Dark Screen - no scaling beyond that - found out by tapping the tile in Action Centre! D'oh
    It was a problem shortly after doing a clean intall of Win 10 and is still an issue after Window Update installed the latest AMD/ATI driver 15.200.1046.2 dated 15/07/2015
    The notebook FN keys can adjust Brightness
    The basic Microsoft Driver has no issues.
    Is it a Win 10/driver issue or my hardware ?

Last edited: Aug 21, 2015