Asus N56VZ 16GB RAM Thread?

Discussion in 'Asus' started by brady_f, Jul 15, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Meaker@Sager

Meaker@Sager Company Representative

Reputations:
    Also branded ram can use chips that look to be rated for a lower speed but have been binned and tested to run faster.

2. asm19

asm19 Newbie

Reputations:
    Do not think this laptop wireless antenna weak? (Atheros AR9485)
    I'm minimally near the router and can barely get 5 "bars" signal is always 4 and sometimes 3.

3. krembo18

krembo18 Newbie

Reputations:
    Hi to everyone :hi2:

I have the N56vz for about a year. Ivé upgraded to 8 GB memory when i bought it.

the memory is 4gb of hyundai (the stock ram)
    which is PC3-12800 (800 Mhz)

the memory i''ve added is Corsair
    which is PC3-12800H (800 Mhz) (part number CMSX4GX3M1A1600c9)

watching movies or any other operation but games is ok.
    but when playing some games the laptop crash after some time (the known graphic error with the wierd sound) - ASUS N56VZ issue: Crashed when playing 3D games - YouTube

some games are crash after few minutes.
    If the AC is unplugged , the game runs ok but there are major drops at the FPS even few seconds (not on Power saver mode).

I've updated the Bios and changed the DVMT memory pre-allocation values (64MB , 512MB and even 128MB) but it didn't help.

then upgrading the drivers of the Nvidia, and still the same situation.

i've checked the Nvidia forums about it, and i've seen many N56vz users have this issue, and someone mentioned that the problem could be due to the Optimus Graphic Card (which switches between the Intel Hd & Geforce).

so becuase at first (in the first few months) I havén't had the crashing problem i've tried to update the Intel HD & the Nvidia to the drivers at asus site. and now the crashing happens after ~hour - hour and a half instead of few minutes (with AC plugged of course).

my questions is:
    is there any other solution? somehow limiting the memory Bandwidth? maybe replacing the corsair to Kingston or transcend memory should solve the problem? and if so to which memory stick model i should replace?

Thanks in advance
    Avishay

4. alchi1977

alchi1977 Newbie

Reputations:
    Hi guys,
    I think I solved my problems replacing

G-Skill F3-1600C11D-16GSQ
    with
    CMSO16GX3M2A1333C9

I played Bioshock Infinite for some hours without any problem...
    Hope this helps
    A.

---------------------
    Update 26/11/2013
    After many hours playing Bioshock and Elder Scroll 5 without problems, I'm sure that I solved my problem...

5. wso277

wso277 Newbie

Reputations:
    Hi, first of all sorry for digging up such an old thread, but i'm in need of some help.

I've bought this kingston memory: http://www.kingston.com/datasheets/kvr16s11_8.pdf

I intended to use it together with one of the original modules (hynix apparently with the same specs), but am unable to since the laptop keeps crashing while playing (12gb total ram)

Right now i'm using only this module and seems to be working fine.

Has anyone here used one of this with the original modules or can tell me if two of these would work together on n56?

Thanks

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.