Asus N56VZ 16GB RAM Thread?

Discussion in 'Asus' started by brady_f, Jul 15, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bball3212

bball3212 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    So will some of these same issues show up when simply installing 2 4gb sticks?

Im just wondering because I just ordered some Crucial memory 2x4gb, pc 12800, but when I installed 2x4gb of pc 10600, the computer froze and freaked out.

2. attila16881

attila16881 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Hello desarenezitic,

I had recently upgraded my n56vz with a samsung SSD but I would like to upgrade the ram to 16GB.

Did you get it working with 16GB gskill? which model,timings and chip is mounted on the modules?

Thanks!

Which version of bios do you have installed?

3. HebronCL

HebronCL Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
  4. alchi1977

alchi1977 Newbie

Reputations:
    Hi all,
    a little update by me: two weeks ago I tried two Corsair CMSX16GX3M2A1600C10 (not Micro IC) and laptop didn't boot.
    Today I tried G.Skill F3-1600C11D-16GSQ and every works fine! My laptop is a n56vz-s4196h with Bios 215.

I hope this will help.

5. yourlacerda

yourlacerda Newbie

Reputations:
  6. nipsen

nipsen Notebook Ditty

Reputations:

Ok. After a bunch of years, talking to Microsoft spawn and Sony minions, I thought I had heard literally everything. But that one really takes the cake. Microsoft actually have an official table up on their web-site that declares openly that they're limiting the /used space/ of a system's reported ram to 8Gb on Win7 home.

Freaking amazing. What's next, they're going to disable my right mouse-button on Wednesdays?

7. freesailor

freesailor Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    In France a manifacturer-assembled 16GB version (S4244H) is on the shelves:
    ASUS multimédia N56VZ S4244H noir - Achat/Vente ASUS multimédia N56VZ S4244H noir - RueDuCommerce

An owner yesterday checked RAM type and reported it on this forum, it'a a Hynix/Hyundai HMT41GS6MFR8C-PB: http://forum.notebookreview.com/asu...-owners-lounge-techno-art-72.html#post9005952

8. dsmithmd

dsmithmd Newbie

Reputations:
    I just purchased the Asus N56-VJ WH-71.

After reading this thread I thought I had made a mistake as I also purchased some RAM. I went ahead and tried it and had no problems. Mind you, this is a new computer running Windows 8. I did all the recommended Windows upgrade right out of the box.

I then istalled 2x8gb of Corsair Value Select memory model number CMSO16GX3M2A1333C9

I rebooted the machine which took about 5 minutes (long enough that I started to get worried) but then looked in my system and it showed the 16gb installed. I played Torchlight II for a couple of hours to see if I could get the computer to lock up like others have mentioned but had no problems other than a batter that died after only 1.5 hours.

On a side note, the computer did get pretty warm on the upper left corner.

I have already purchased a SanDisk 240GB SSD which I have not decided if I should install it or just send it back as this computer is great and is much faster than my desktop which is a few years old. Any thoughts on if installing the SSD? Is worth the $170 I paid for it?

Thanks,

The only reason I joined this forum was to let y'all know. Hopefully this helps someone. Any thoughts on the SSD are appreciated.

9. Necrodox

Necrodox Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    If you think this computer was great pre-SSD, be prepared for a whole new experience when you install that SSD. It's totally worth it, your boot time (assuming a nice clean Windows 8) will be six seconds flat. Everything on your machine will fly, this laptop NEEDS to have an SSD. Any computer NEEDS an SSD, it completely changes the game.

In essence; yes your purchase was totally worth it.

10. HebronCL

HebronCL Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.