]]>

Asus N55SF Owners Lounge

Discussion in 'ASUS Reviews and Owners' Lounges' started by joaolliveira, Sep 25, 2011.

1. Kalty

Kalty Newbie

Reputations:
    Hi SinineSiil, i had the same problem with Win10. As I installed the SSD, I have enabled the UEFI Boot mode in BIOS, as it enables faster boot times. My OS also didn't detect the sound card. After a lot of googling I came onto this page:http://www.eightforums.com/sound-audio/61628-windows-8-1-no-audio-output-input-device-installed.html

Check answer nr.5 from JoTown. When the disk is formatted as GPT (as UEFI Boot), the sound card is not recognised. When booting normally in MBR mode, Win 10 found the audio card drivers normally. It seems that the UEFI boot in Asus N55SF is somehow broken. This was the solution that worked in my case.

Hope this helps,
    Kalty

Last edited: Jul 11, 2016
  2. ameeralhindi

ameeralhindi Newbie

Reputations:

3. Jay Pea

Jay Pea Newbie

Reputations:
    Hi all, I had N55SF for a while now, upgraded to win 7 then win10. It becomes unbearably slow now and it's causing me to lose my will to live. It used to be quite fast for a laptop, but also had this wee program speeding up processor when required. I can't find it anywhere now and it just seems to be choking up regularly even when not performing any demanding tasks. I don't have many programs installed and plenty of disk space too.

Edit: It took me literally 9 minutes to even get to editing this post while Football Manager 2017 is calculating some games results in the background. CPU usage is at 10-12%, nowhere near 100% which could maybe explain this performance issues, memory at around 70%, disk and network at 0-1%. This is ridiculos. How can this be happening? This laptop is unuseable.

Can anyone tell me what can I do speed this thing up or it goes out the window and I'm never going back to asus laptops again. Thanks.

Last edited: Oct 19, 2017