Asus N55SF Owners Lounge

Discussion in 'ASUS Reviews and Owners' Lounges' started by joaolliveira, Sep 25, 2011.

1. mcs1973

mcs1973 Newbie

Reputations:
    Hi. My charger is model: ADP-120ZB BB. (120W I guess).
    Output current, in case you want to look for something similar, is: OUTPUT: 19V, 6.32A (+) Inside connector.

2. Erecshaun

Erecshaun Newbie

Reputations:
    Hi I've had the N55SF since Sept 2011. Yesterday, it suddenly turned off without any BSOD or shut down sequence, power just when off, the laptop was unplugged. Happened again a few times, not on obvious heavy work load, at random times. GPU 67C, CPU 80C. The computer did feel hot but this has been the case for the past 6 months. No errors in event log.

I tried to run the laptop while plugged in, so far it hasn't shut off. The battery is charging without problem.

Is it overheating like a lot of other users on this thread? Has it come to its end now? Thanks.

3. Kevin@GenTechPC

Kevin@GenTechPC Company Representative

Reputations:
    Run memtest which is available from Memtest86+ - Advanced Memory Diagnostic Tool, burn the ISO onto a blank CD/DVD disc, then boot up from the disc to scan memory.
    If there's any errors then a memory module may needs to be replaced.

4. mercury888

mercury888 Newbie

Reputations:
    GREETINGS FELLOW N55SF OWNERS!

I have an issue whereby when I connect my laptop to an external monitor, the monitor stays on - on the laptop. It is black but the backlight is stil on. This happens when i restart the machine.

The only way i can fix it is to disconnect the HDMI cable and plug it back in. Then the screen turns off.

I am wondering if there is a fix for this.

I am on 8.1 Pro 64 bit.

It also happens on my windows 7 64 bit.

Please shed some light fellow n55sf owners.

Regards,
    Merc

5. Kevin@GenTechPC

Reputations:
    Try deactivating the internal monitor through screen resolution setting.

6. Clarkey711

Clarkey711 Newbie

Reputations:
    Hey just installed a new ssd in the n55sf and ran a clean install of windows 7 home premium 64bit.

Everything is working fine apart from when I connect the computer to my Sony TV via hdmi the picture is fine but the sound still comes from the laptop speakers and not the TV. Before the install of ssd it worked fine and played through the tv.

I'm thinking its a driver or software issue but im having no look in solving it, any help would be great thanks.

7. leftisthominid

leftisthominid Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Have any of you noticed that when your computer is completely off, and you unplug the AC adapter, the battery level slowly drops.

For example, on mine if I unplug it at 100% at night, when I wake up and plug it back in and startup, it will be around 97%.

I am trying to find out what causes this, but I have no clue. I've tried uninstalling ASUS InstantOn, but that did not fix the problem.

8. Meaker@Sager

Meaker@Sager Company Representative

Reputations:
    It wont be anything software, it must be firmware based.

9. espresso.

espresso. Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    For people that still own this laptop and want to upgrade RAM beyond 8GB - yes you can!
    I've been wanting to install more ram into this laptop but official specs said it supports only 8GB. Well, that's not true.
    It supports up to 16GB. Yesterday I installed 12GB and it works. One module 8GB, second module 4GB.

Capture2.PNG

10. Kevin@GenTechPC

Reputations:
    FYI, Intel spec says the CPU can support up to 16GB (8GB x 2).
    http://ark.intel.com/products/52219/Intel-Core-i7-2630QM-Processor-6M-Cache-up-to-2_90-GHz