Asus N550JV - user review and owners lounge

Discussion in 'ASUS Reviews and Owners' Lounges' started by c_man, Jul 14, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. coercitiv

coercitiv Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Using NotebookFanControl might help, in the sense that you may use a more aggressive fan profile, or even set it manually to a high value while gaming. The software is well written and has a config file for N550JV.

You can also do a slight undervolt of the CPU, using Intel XTU. A -50mV dynamic offset to the CPU should be safe for anyone and will shave a few degrees of the CPU (and help the GPU temps in the process).

2. huytrang90

huytrang90 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Anyone knows if I can replace the 750m with 770m or any others GEFORCE card?

3. coercitiv

Reputations:
    The graphics chip is soldered to the mainboard, so the answer is a definitive NO.

huytrang90 likes this.
  4. ifmyn

ifmyn Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Thank you for your advice, after running the fan higher rpm i have recently recognize that GT 750m throttle no related to temperature. My gpu throttle at 67 celsius or any temperature near, like the SS i have posted. What possibly can do this please help me, i have tried MSI afterburner to change voltage but voltage editing not enabled, i have overcloked and downclocked gpu but it still throttle not depending which temperature is, just depends playing any game. It throttle at the start and end of the any 3d game. Please you can find a solution.

5. coercitiv

Reputations:
    Are you saying it doesn't throttle during the 3d game?

6. Kevin@GenTechPC

Kevin@GenTechPC Company Representative

Reputations:
    750M isn't really a powerful GPU, can you compare some benchmarks with results from notebookcheck?
    Click here

7. Kevin@GenTechPC

Kevin@GenTechPC Company Representative

Reputations:
    So with everything stock and you still have the problem then it's probably a HW failure. And yes, you can try attaching an USB sound card.
    If your system is still under warranty (regardless whether the system was opened or not for upgrading purposes), feel free to give them a call to find out what can be done for you.

8. ifmyn

ifmyn Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    You are right gt750m is not a gaming gpu but i need to stop its throttle for getting maximum from it. I have no comparement with those games unfortunately.

I mean that when i start a 3D game, gpu throttle whatever the temperature is. Its not temperature dependent, its i think Load dependent.

Thank you.

9. notebookrevi

notebookrevi Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Has anyone unlocked the BIOS for n550jv in a similar way as shown in this post?

10. coercitiv

Reputations:
    That is not normal behavior, in the sense that my N550JV does not throttle the GPU while playing games.

A few days ago I logged a 2 hour long gaming session in Diablo 3. Most of the time the GPU stayed at 1163Mhz, with a few short periods of constant intensive loads when it went down to 1136Mhz. Chip temperature varied between 75-80C.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.