1. You may have noticed things look a little different around here - we've switched to a new platform (XenForo) and have some new forum styles and features. This how-to guide will help you find your way around. If you find anything that looks strange, post it in this thread.

Asus N53SV & N53SN SandyBridge Owner Thread

Discussion in 'ASUS Reviews and Owners' Lounges' started by nama8137, Mar 19, 2011.

1. isildursk

isildursk Newbie

Reputations:
    Can someone help me to find Full HD IPS display to my Asus N53sv? Is there any possible solution?

2. skelle76

skelle76 Newbie

Reputations:
    anyone knows if there is a bios with unlocked settings for overclok cpu/ram?
    thanks

3. DerangedGoose

DerangedGoose Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Please help -- Im getting all kinds of flickering green and red pixels on my N53SN. Its a quad core i7 model with 8bg ram and a GT550M GPU. The GPU drivers are the latest from NVidia and this problem has been getting steadily worse. When I use CPUID HWMonitor, there is no GPU temp listed, but all temps are under 45C. With speedfan, GPU is listed as "0C" but all temps are under 45C.

Is the card overheating and just needs new paste, or is this a lost cause? Are replacement cards even available?

4. Meaker

Meaker Company Representative

Reputations:
    It could be the soldered gpu is damaged. What happens if you uninstall the graphics drivers and don't run with any? Do external monitors have the same issue?

5. DerangedGoose

DerangedGoose Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I tried uninstalling the drivers for the Nvidia card and for the Intel integrated graphics but the problem persists. HOWEVER, there do not seem to be any artifacts when I use an external monitor through HDMI. I do not know if the HDMI port is run through the dedicated nvidia card or the integrated intel card.

For what its worth, my computer is also telling me that the battery is going back and I should consider replacing it. HWMonitor says the battery wear level is at 60%

Does anyone have any ideas what could be causing this issue? The picture is fine through HDMI, but a total mess on the built in monitor. Could the screen be bad? Do I need a new battery? Should I reinstall Windows?

Last edited: Nov 30, 2014
  6. cipher7

cipher7 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Can anyone recommend a decent replacement battery or online store to buy a replacement battery? The model that came with my laptop was A32-N61 and it has the following specs:

10.8V
    5200mAh
    56Wh

7. murchehh

murchehh Newbie

Reputations:
    hey guys
    i wanted to change my n53sv hdd to ssd
    now i dont know this laptop support sata3 ???

8. Meaker

Meaker Company Representative

Reputations:
    Yes the primary HDD bay is (the ODD is SATA II)

9. MatteoUno

MatteoUno Newbie

Reputations:
    Hello guys,

I planned to upgrade the RAM, since I'll begin working soon with heavy software.
    Mine is an N53SV with i7 - 2670QM / GT540M 2GB
    I looked at the following RAM modules:
    I would like your opinions. Thank you very much!

Last edited: Feb 22, 2015