Asus N53JF Owner's Lounge

Discussion in 'ASUS Reviews and Owners' Lounges' started by nid_dipav, Nov 22, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SkinnyDennis

SkinnyDennis Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    N53JF, with past problems displaying flash videos. I've been pestered by this before, and reverted to flash 10.3 which worked for a while.
    Flash 11.3 crashes | Troubleshooting | Firefox Help

That is until 2 days ago. Now neither 10.3 or the latest 11 runs. Curiously, HTML5 doesn't work now either. I don't recall installing anything to cause this.

Thoughts?

:more info:

Checked all drivers and already were up to date.
    Come to find out the problem is with firefox, IE works fine. Id rather use firefox though. Still looking for a fix.

2. wdjskfsll

wdjskfsll Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    Flash videos stop working at times but then there's some update, to what, I don't know, and they seem to work again. Only some allow me to watch full screen, most just show a black screen with audio working.
    ---

Anyone else with an external hard drive on USB get a "Unable to eject the drive at this time because some other program is using the drive." warning when they attempt to use the safe to remove icon?

Opening the task manager to deduce which of the zillions of undecipherable programs it might be, that run in the background, is impossible for my level of expertise. [It's Greek to me.]

How about Canon all-in-one printers not working unless you engage "troubleshoot" each time you attempt to print? That one might be related to "User Account Control" but I like to leave that running if at all possible for my protection.

3. SkinnyDennis

SkinnyDennis Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I've got 4 computers here, all running the same version of firefox, and the Asus is the one that has trouble with flash and html5. I'm reluctant to try this brand again when it's time to replace it.

4. gsan28

gsan28 Newbie

Reputations:
    Hello,

I recently bricked my ASUS N53JF and the only way to revive it is to reprogram the BIOS chip. Would you be kind enough to provide me a BIOS dump?

Here's a tool you can use, it should only take less than a minute::Download Universal BIOS Backup ToolKit 2.0.exe from Sendspace.com - send big files the easy way

Once downloaded, right click and run as administrator. Click "Read", once finished, click "Backup". Lastly, save it and somehow get me the file.

This would truly help. It will allow me to revive my dead laptop.

Thanks,

5. gsan28

gsan28 Newbie

Reputations:

6. yordanrhapsody

yordanrhapsody Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    hi everybody, I need to know if this notebook has UEFI support for installation on another operating system (not windows)

can someone help me?

thanks

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.