Asus N43SL/SN Owners' Lounge

Discussion in 'ASUS Reviews and Owners' Lounges' started by too456, Jul 21, 2011.

1. Protoss_

Protoss_ Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Guys, does any of you have this BIOS? I've PM'd mustanaamio but he doesn't answer and the link is dead.
    Btw I absolutely love this notebook, I bought it almost 4 years ago and it's still running like a beast.

2. Mobius 1

Mobius 1 what is quality control?

Reputations:
    Send me a N43 model BIOS you would like to be modded.

3. Protoss_

Reputations:
    I've sent you link via PM. Thanks

4. donads

donads Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Could you please send me a modded Asus N43SN bios as well?

I've uploaded both the 205 and 414 to google drive, as I've heard some people have problems with 414 (though the problems I'm having are present with both versions)

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B1pRkOeNueViLXQ2NnVxVzhCc3c/view?usp=sharing
    (MD5: b8614dd84b423eace748e0392b906a8b)

Is it possible to unlock the option to disable the dedicated GT 550M and use only the integrated graphics?
    I'm almost sure it's my dedicated gpu that's causing all of the freezing issues I'm facing (I've already tried with its original HDD instead of the SSD I've installed, ran memtest for a dozen hours, tried using one RAM stick at a time, and tried using Ubuntu's live disc instead of Windows (which I've made a clean install again just to be sure), and i can't find a single person who's having the exact same issue I am, let alone someone who's managed to solve it.

Thank you so much in advance! :D:D:D

5. mahmadvand

mahmadvand Newbie

Reputations:
    hi
    my asus n43sl during BIOS update turned off and does not turn on.
    please say me that how can i fix it in telegram.
    my telegram id= @saedthosen
    sorry for my bad english

6. Vooon

Vooon Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    Are anyone still active in this thread? I'm wondering if my N43SN is compatible with any SSD? I'm considering replacing the old HD with something quicker, hopefully extending the life of this laptop with a few more years.

7. Protoss_

Reputations:
    Yeah man,
    I'm still using my N43SN (I've posted my config somewhere earlier in this thread, CPU changed to i7-2670QM, RAM expanded to 16gb kingston hyperX, primary drive SSD Samsung 830 128gb and secondary (in hdd caddy instead of optical drive) Seagate 640GB.

Still running very well for daily usage and some occasional games with lower requirements.

FYI: SSD works greatly on this laptop, and it even supports SATA 3 if you throw it as primary drive (but only SATA 2 if SSD is installed instead of optical drive).

I hope it helps.

Vooon likes this.
  8. gogoberry

gogoberry Newbie

Reputations:
    My N43SL is running with 16gb ram (2x8gb sticks) even though the manufacturer site only says 8GB.

Mine's the i7-2670QM
    Bios 414

I ran a mem-test and it clocks it at 798(1600Mhz) too!

If you want to test yours out I suggest doing the same thing I did take the battery off and unscrew the little screw that holds the memory hatch shut, go in to the computershop and ask them to pop an 8gb stick to test it, then if that boots stick another stick in it and boot again.