Asus N43SL/SN Owners' Lounge

Discussion in 'ASUS Reviews and Owners' Lounges' started by too456, Jul 21, 2011.

1. Alel

Alel Newbie

Reputations:
    The ELAN touchpad stopped working on me. I had to install the newest driver for it to work properly.

However the new Smart Gesture version (optimized for Windows 8 looks like it) provides an annoying momentum/inertia effect when scrolling using two-fingers! There is no option to disable it.

Does anyone here using Windows 8 and did not have to update their trackpad software/driver? Can you please post here the driver version and software version for the multi-finger settings panel?

Thanks.

2. Kevin@GenTechPC

Kevin@GenTechPC Company Representative

Reputations:
    Does your touchpad utility offers edge swipe option to activate/deactivate?

3. kodiak

kodiak Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Hello.

Recently, when I boot the computer and after inserting my credentials, I click on chrome or other program and if I try to type anything, the letters are inserted very very slow being very unresponsive. After some minutes, it's all Ok.

My drive is defragmented, no virus or malaware, and the basics tests of seetools says the drive is OK.

Any idea of what could it be?

Regards,

kodiak

4. mustanaamio

mustanaamio Newbie

Reputations:
    Can someone with i5-2410M run Prime95 for a while and post a screenshot of your temps? :confused:

I repasted my GPU and CPU with Coollaboratory Liquid Ultra and I noticed my core temps are quite uneven under load... both cores idle @ 39*C and they stick together till about 63*C but after that the core #0 temps start to be 5-8 *C lower than core #1... (when running Prime95 (fan not maxed out) the core #0 max temp was 69*C and core #1 75*C)

I never ran Prime95 on stock paste so I would like to know if anyone else is having uneven temps or did I just f*** up the application :D

However, I'm not gonna repaste as it took me 5 hours to tear down this + I can't be arsed to get a cleaning kit for this stuff :rolleyes: I carefully spread the paste on the CPU die with the brush and tightened the heatsink with 2 screwdrivers so pressure would be applied evenly... I think my CPU has a faulty sensor because if the paste was uneven, the temps would differ when idling...

GPU max temp 69*C :thumbsup:

5. Kevin@GenTechPC

Reputations:
    I know the temps aren't going to be the same, and which software did you use to monitor the temperatures?

6. Kevin@GenTechPC

Reputations:
    Could be software that were still loading during start up, may have to wait a bit till it finishes.

7. mustanaamio

mustanaamio Newbie

Reputations:
    HWMonitor, CoreTemp and RealTemp. Same results with all of them.

EDIT:
    CoreTemp with 5*C offset on core #0, max temps exactly the same...
    coretemp-12022014.png

8. ibrauye

ibrauye Newbie

Reputations:
    Hey dude..
    I have Asus N43SL (core i3, 750gb hdd). I bought it on August 20, 2011. now I feel crackling sound with my laptop, even I plugged an external speaker. Reinstall windows and driver can't solve my problem. Is it a bios problem? mine is 414.
    thanks. sorry for my poor english

9. Kevin@GenTechPC

Reputations:
  10. mustanaamio

mustanaamio Newbie

Reputations:
    One month after thermal paste change the temps have lowered by 2*C. Also, the 5*C difference between cores is gone :D