Asus Mothership Laptop

Discussion in 'ASUS Gaming Notebook Forum' started by AHMED KARAM, Jan 7, 2019.

1. Support.3@XOTIC PC

Support.3@XOTIC PC Company Representative

Reputations:
    Can go with that Eurocom 780W

yeoldegamer1979 likes this.
  2. bennyg

bennyg Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    Would have to be something sturdy, and the base made of something sticky since there's about 4kg basically standing near upright on an angle...

3. Support.3@XOTIC PC

Reputations:

If it were me I'd make the base magnetic, so it snaps into position without needing to rely on friction to stay in place. Not sure what their solution is by the images though.

4. AHMED KARAM

AHMED KARAM The Strategist

Reputations:
    This Laptop ISNT a Laptop... but it is...

Vasudev likes this.
  5. hmscott

hmscott Notebook Nobel Laureate

Reputations:
    It's not been classified by Asus as a laptop from the beginning, it's a desktop replacement.

Given the format of the separate units, keyboard / upright with kickstand, it won't sit on a lap. :)

Vasudev and AHMED KARAM like this.
  6. Support.3@XOTIC PC

Reputations:
    Yeah, that's getting knocked over ALL THE TIME. I guess don't buy one if you're clumsy, have kids, or have pets.

AHMED KARAM likes this.
  7. ArchCel

ArchCel Newbie

Reputations:

Yup, wouldn't trust that kickstand design for much. Would probably be afraid of it being hit enough to collapse by someone sitting on the other side of a table with their stuff. Although it is probably (hopefully) much more capable than it looks.

However I really like the idea, as it allows for better cooling options with the less restricted airflow, and perhaps even better, it allows for using a "real" keyboard without sitting 10 miles away from the screen.

8. Support.3@XOTIC PC

Reputations:
    Oh yeah, don't get me wrong, it looks awesome, and the concept itself is great. I just think that kickstand might need some additional engineering for active environments.

undervolter0x0309 likes this.
  9. Terreos

Terreos Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    I'll give the mothership credit where credit is due. It looks awesome. A portable AIO? Pretty neat idea. But, besides being neat what makes it worth it's rumored $5000 starting price? Especially when it has competition from Alienware and Acer. And both of those have cheaper options.

Eh. . .guess we'll see. Is anyone interested in this do to its form factor?

10. SteveEricJordan

SteveEricJordan Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I am interested. Actually i'm even hyped since i saw it the first time. It will apparently cost 7k (9999 australian dollars) and i couldn't care less, because i think this device is nothing less than brilliant and the future of desktop PCs AND laptops.
    Mark my words and wait for the next, more affordable and lower specced versions and devices from other manufacturers.
    What makes it worth its price? Nothing. The price comes from the fact that it's more of a very expensive to build concept and its development needs to get paid. But IF you get it you will have the best, most powerful portable gaming device availably to date. Right now it's only for rich people or people who are spending most of their money on their hobby.