Asus GL703 Owner's Lounge

Discussion in 'ASUS Reviews and Owners' Lounges' started by undervolter0x0309, Jun 26, 2018.

1. undervolter0x0309

undervolter0x0309 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Repaste buddy. The heatsink might not be tight too. This is are common I've seen on mine after RMA.

It should not be hitting those temps, especially with the 1050ti.

2. hexaae

hexaae Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    2nd RMA replaced the mobo and 1, 2 solved! Got it back with high temps though (96-98°C after 2 mins in games, before it was 87-88°C) so I've sent it back for a 3rd RMA, sigh...

3. Consi Pit

Consi Pit Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Hey, I have a problem with the asus rog gaming center software. The point is that the temeprature and clock speed of the processor and GF card are not shown. Also, the gaming center button does not work - when I press it, nothing happens so I run this software from the menu. . After all, everything looks like it's okay. Can anyone help ?
    Laptop GL703GE with I7 8750H and GF1050TI.

4. hexaae

Reputations:
    Try to reinstall them from C:\eSupport
    For the buttons to work you have to install "ASUS Keyboard Hotkeys" from MS Store (uninstall the old one)

5. Consi Pit

Reputations:
    Many thanks I'll try. In the meantime, I read and read and ... when you are looking for problems - you find problems :):eek:

https://www.google.com/search?clien.....1..gws-wiz.......0i22i30j0j0i10.w4l0mwuwxlA

A lot of text about the problem with the maximum speed of the fans. Some write that this happens after updating the bios or graphics drivers. Is it a big and known problem or individual cases? Should I update bios and GF drivers or stay on what I have if everything works ok?
    Thanks for the info.

6. Consi Pit

Reputations:
    Never mind :D . My laptop works without any problems for now. But just in case,I will stay for a time with the old BIOS and GPU driver o_O

7. hexaae

Reputations:
    Operation ShadowHammer APT targeted ASUS Live Update Utility

Kaspersky Lab has uncovered a new advanced persistent threat (APT) campaign affecting more than a million computer users worldwide. Between at least June and November 2018, Operation ShadowHammer targeted users of the ASUS Live Update Utility, injecting a backdoor.

Each backdoor code contained a table of hardcoded MAC addresses – the unique identifier of network adapters used to connect a computer to a network. Once running on a victim’s device, the backdoor verified its MAC address against this table.

If the MAC address matched one of the entries, the malware downloaded the next stage of malicious code. Otherwise, the infiltrated updater did not show any network activity. In total, security experts were able to identify more than 600 MAC addresses hard coded into the malware.

A blog summarizing the attack can be found on Securelist

https://shadowhammer.kaspersky.com/

8. Consi Pit

Reputations:
    Hey, the request for help with such a situation - today after turning on the computer, the bios itself has been updated automatically ... I'm surprised because earlier I decided about such matters myself. Anyone else has met with something like that ?

9. Consi Pit

Reputations:
    I just want to add that I know what an Asus Live Updeate is , but it was an update with out it. I just turned on the computer and instead of the desktop - there was red note that the bios is updated "do not turn off the computer". I also checked the update history by ALU - there is no information on the bios update. Thanks for the support;)