ASUS G752 series VT VY VZ VL VS VW disassembly teardown repaste guide

Discussion in 'ASUS Gaming Notebook Forum' started by Mobius 1, Aug 21, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mobius 1

Mobius 1 Notebook Nobel Laureate

Reputations:

You know that's why fox didn't install the 2nd pair of ram on the opposite side of his AW18 right?

2. Mobius 1

Reputations:
    Cooling mod:

triturbo and bloodhawk like this.
  3. wsxdr

wsxdr Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    G752VS OC edition is more faster than MSI GT73VR? Both uses same cpu, i7-6820hk

4. judal57

judal57 Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    @Mobius 1
    everything was perfect, until you applied that k5 **** XD is the worst and unpleasant thermal pad i have ever seen lol
    DSC_0376.JPG
    endeed the worst thermal pad conductivity before this, was 3,2W/mk ... so this crap is insane bad

on the other hand thanks a lot for the disassembly, i really enjoy to see the inside of laptops

5. wsxdr

wsxdr Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    I can't understand what do you mean. Default thermal compound is bad?

6. Mobius 1

Reputations:
    for same price or just a bit more, I recommend msi gt73vr

or for the ultimate, p775dm3

eyy we have the same fetish

k5 pro is ok I guess

default thermal gel is not thick enough to reach the vrm (power delivery) for gpu, so I reapply a thicker compound k5 pro

it is easier and cheaper than thermal pad, though it makes a mess and doesn't necessarily have the best thermal conductivity compared to expensive thermal pads (fujipoly, modright, arctic etc)

7. judal57

judal57 Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    @Mobius 1 "have the best thermal conductivity compared to expensive thermal pads" what ?????? O_O you dont see the conversion ??? even the generic (no brand) thermal pads have better thermal conductivity. I am a mechanical engineer and never seen a liquid compound (unless the galium) having better thermal conductivity than a solid os something similar
    i can explain you the reason, but in spanish ... is hard to me in english.

how can be that 0,014W/mk can be better than 3,2W/mk (no brand) thermal pad ?

8. Mobius 1

Reputations:

my quote:

Basically I'm saying the opposite, K5 Pro is just "ok" in terms of thermal conductivity. It's better having a slight amount of conductivity compared to none at all.

9. judal57

judal57 Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    thermal pad and thermal compund is totally different ... thermal pads are for Video ram, and thermal compund are made to the chip of the cpu or gpu ...
    thermal pad is something like this
    [​IMG]
    thermal paste (compund) is something like this:
    [​IMG]

the thing is, that the replacement of thermal pad he used is a garbage lol the thermal conductivity is insane low ... even chocolate could be a better option XD (i dont lie is true)
    if i was him, i had replaced the stock Vram compund for 2mm cheap (3,2W/mk) thermal pad or something more appropriate for the price of the machine Artic cooling thermal pads 6W/mk http://www.ebay.com/itm/Arctic-Cool...5447374&pid=100005&rk=4&rkt=6&sd=121997755093...

the 5k pro sellers cheat the people saying that have more than 4W/m°C ... The catch is that the thermal conductivity is in °C .... if you make the conversion to °K, you can compare the thermal conductivity to another types of thermal pads and you will note that that thermal pad (in the form of compound) is the worst thing you will ever see

10. judal57

judal57 Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    in my opinion, if the machine was mine, i would use IC diamond 24 above that Vram chips ...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.