ASUS G751JY 980m

Discussion in 'Price Check Forum' started by cucubits, Mar 10, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cucubits

cucubits Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    The desire to always get the latest and greatest shiny tech got the best of me and I bought a new gaming laptop.

In order to still have a chance of sleeping in the same bedroom as my wife, I'm going to have to sell my current one. It's an ASUS G751JY, from 2016. It has the 980m and everything works on it. It's in perfect shape, no dings, no damage, haven't disassembled it ever. It's spent most of its time in my home on my desk. Not traveling with it.

Specs:
    https://www.asus.com/us/ROG-Republic-Of-Gamers/ROG-G751JY/specifications/

Only difference from stock is that it will come with a 1Tb SSHD and maybe an SSD too, not sure about this yet.
    Also, I can't remember right now how much RAM I have in it. Will check and I'll post the correct and full specs in the for sale ad in the upcoming weeks. It's probably 16Gb.

I'm never looking to make the absolute most of my used sales so someone will surely be happy with this purchase but for now I'd like to know about there we're standing.

2. saturnotaku

saturnotaku Notebook Nobel Laureate

Reputations:
    It's still a somewhat capable laptop, but the GPU and CPU are now two and four (maybe five if you count Broadwell) generations behind, respectively. If you want a reasonably quick sale, be prepared to accept around $600-$650. You could hold out for more, but laptops with the same GPU and Skylake CPUs are in the $700-$800 range.

3. cucubits

cucubits Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Thanks, this is about what I was expecting to hear.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.