Asus G751 coming with Maxwell GTX 980M and GTX 970M

Discussion in 'ASUS Gaming Notebook Forum' started by Cloudfire, Sep 19, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hmscott

hmscott Notebook Nobel Laureate

Reputations:
    UltimaXemnas likes this.
  2. UltimaXemnas

UltimaXemnas Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    Hahahah xD

I know XP941 is a Samsung SSD, just didn't know that specific number given by hwinfo.

----------

Well, after a full day of use...i'm freaking loving this thing! And i'm actually seeing the awesome side of this s***ty Intel Wi-Fi adapter, it peaked at 9mb/s while downloading a game off Steam...which I was never able to reach with any other PC I had with a wired connection O_O I'm still yet to test it under war conditions like games and, most importantly for me, heavy vídeo editing. Better hope it meets expectations :D

Last edited: Jan 23, 2015
  3. Meaker@Sager

Meaker@Sager Company Representative

Reputations:
    Getting a proper ssd setup with a decent quad core makes an amazing difference to the day to day stuff let alone gaming, glad you are enjoying it :)

4. Clintlgm

Clintlgm Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Yes interested in pictures this would allow me to run my 850 1TB in rapid mode with the m2

5. Dkan76

Dkan76 Newbie

Reputations:
    I just purchased the g751jw a few days ago.. so far, so good. I updated the bios to 205 and installed all new drivers. My left usb ports work fine, my wifi seems stable, I have no screen bleed or IPS glow at all (very happy about that), and I have sound coming out both back speakers and not just the sub (sub doesn't work at all, atm). Overall, this laptop seems like one of the good ones.

I have a few questions... 1) What drivers/config do I need to setup so I have 2.1 stereo and not just 2.0? I would love to hear the sub working.
    2) What are the normal temps I should expect under load (far cry 4 for example) for the cpu and gpu?

Thanks for the input guys! I've been through the whole thread in months past but don't have time to go through it all again.

6. l34sh

l34sh Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Can anyone shed some light as to what you guys are using to clean the rubberized soft touch finish on the top lid of your G751?

That thing attracts oil from fingers like crazy and water has zero effect in cleaning that surface.

7. Meaker@Sager

Meaker@Sager Company Representative

Reputations:
    A micro fibre cloth should do the trick.

eleron911 likes this.
  8. eleron911

eleron911 HighSpeedFreak

Reputations:
    Yep, +1 on the microfiber cloth. However, my personal recommendation is that you use an external mouse/keyboard while not on the go, this kept my 6 year old XPS in mint condition even to this day :)

Plus... as good as the keyboard from the laptop is, it's still not as flexible as a gaming one, which you can use without worrying that you'll wear down the palm rest.

9. eleron911

eleron911 HighSpeedFreak

Reputations:
    Not that I know of, but the the most recent driver from Asus site seems ok to me. But then again, i do use an external sound system 90% of the time...

10. fabioniza

fabioniza Newbie

Reputations:
    Hi UltimaXemnas can you tell me on which store you bought your laptop?
    I m from Portugal as well. By the way are you still happy with it?

thanks a lot pal enjoy your great machine

UltimaXemnas likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.